Will '75 Swinger SE Benches fit in '72 duster??

-

Tower of Power

Surface rust
Reaction score
My dad and I Ripped out a set of amazing condition White leather bench seats from a '75 Dart "SE" Swinger, And i was planning on eventually cleaning them up and dropping them into my duster.. Seeing as its getting a white interior eventually i might as well put these great condition leather seats into it, anyway onto my question, Will the bench seats from a '75 Dart "SE" go into my duster with much problem?

(No pictures but they're basicly rectangular shaped with magazine pouches in the back and little square silver studs on the seats)

67-76 A-bodies are virtually the same animal except wheel bases on a couple of models. Measure the distance between the seat mounting on the donor seats and crawl under the car and measure the ones on the car. If they are off a couple of inches, a drill will make them fit.

Lets start by saying as others have 67 to 76 is pretty much the same. Having said that there is some differences. Buckets will fit 67 to 74 cars without anything more than drilling the holes. 75/76 use a different drivers side bucket seat inside track due to a catalytic converter hump in the floor. On bench seats they are all the same. You did not state but are the SE seats out of a 4 door car and if so is the front seat a solid bench? If so the front seat will not work becuse there is no recline forward on this seat. If its a split bench it can be made to work by taking off the stopper and getting some unlocking hardware (see my pic, this was a 4 door seat) and the back seat wont look right as the bottom seat cushion is taper cut for leg clearance on each side and the 2 door rear seat is not. It will fit but it will look kind of weird. I just re-read what you posted and the top cushion of the rear seat will not work no matter what you do. Dart rear seats are about 3 inches or so shorter on top than Duster/Dart Sport seats due to the upswept design that the Dart does not have. Hope that helps some??
Chas.

new car pics 030.JPG

new car pics 034.JPG

Hey, if the front seat is just like the one in the picture with a two piece top (as in split in the middle) the front one will work. You just gotta remove the cover on the side and take off the stopper. The seat will recline forward but there will be no way to lock it and that aint safe. Measure the top portion of the rear seat you have and measure the top portion of the seat on the Duster. You will see the difference. As for the seat bottom it will fit in back but the one in the Duster has a straight bottom all the way accross and the 4 door seat is rounded at each edge but again the bottom portion it will fit. Maybe there is enough material from the Dart seat to fit over the top portion of the Duster seat and just do some fabbing up with extra material on the bottom where nobody can see once its mounted?????
Chas.

-
Back