Will a 350 Chevy fit into a 1972 dodge dart

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch buddy, the poor guy is asking for help and all most of you do is make fun of him. A fella comes on here with similar interests and explains his research and you call him crazy, what is going on here is right. Just trying to help, that's all.

Don't let anyone persuade you one way or the other, do what you think is best. Doesn't matter if it is a Ford, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Lancia, whatever, make it what you want it to be. At the end it will always be all it ever was, just a car. So why not personalize it and make it your car?

We don't have to conform to have brand loyalty, the only thing you should be loyal to is yourself.

As for me, I might be crazy, who knows? But at least I'm doing what I want with my car and nobody will ever persuade me otherwise.

By the way, its spelled C A M A R O, not camero.
In case you are completely oblivious to this I will tell. If you look at the upper left hand page you will see the logo For A-Bodies only, behind it there is a Mopar Pentastar, not a bow tie. Another words it is an A-body MOPAR site, not GM A-bodies. And there is some rabid Mopar folks here, so unless you want to get seriously harassed you might want to just drop the Chebby motor talk.....

this whole thread is pretty funny. Here we are with a 16yr old kid that is showing intrest in a Hobbie that is being killed by legislature and trying to do things with the resources at hand and all you grown men who have jobs that can support what you are doing just want to bash the kid. I think its pretty cool that he has the will to do this. It's not like its a hemi dart or some supper rare car and what he wants to do does not require any cutting to the car. and some of the things you are telling him that would have to be done to do the swap is way out of proportion. Kid it's your car do what you want with it. if that is what I had access to I wouldn't think twice about it. A 100.00 motor plate, shorty headers, driveshaft converision joint, some radiator hoses, fab a trans mount, do some wire tracing, you may have to figure out a oilpan setup. and your ready to go.

Oh well I guess I will get bashed also but hey i'm a grown man with broad shoulders so bring and dont sing it. I agree with you 100 % cowboy. the kid is trying to become a car enthusist and yall just want to bash him. This site is site is For A Bodies Only, no where does it say anything in the title about what powers it, and by the way GM has a A body platform.

I think the biggest problem you will have is a chevy small block is a rear sump oil pan (mopars are more of a mid sump design) which is exactly where the steering linkage is on your car. I would say save your money and maybe someone could help you find the stuff you need to put a 318/360 in your car. I have a spare 318 and 727 laying around. I am sure some of the people who are saying how wrong your question is would have parts too. I am in S.E. PA, if you are close by pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back