will all my brake components off 7.25 fit on my 8.75?

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i am putting the 8.75 in my duster tonight, and was wondering if all the new brake parts off of my 7.25 will fit. both are 10 inch drums.

i wanted to use the backing plates, drums, all hardware.

thanks for the input

They should if the bolt pattern is the same. You might have to drill a 5th mounting hole for the 6 o'clock position on the backing plate.

ok, i had a brain fart earlier. i already have the backing plates on the 8.75 rear. so i will just use all the new hardware

Ok guys here is my question.I am running a 904 trans with a 7 1/4 rear.If I swap it out with a 8 3/4 do I have to change the drive shaft or is length and issue.Also thinking of going with 8 1/4 because it should be the same i think.Would greatly appreciate any info.Thanks,Eddie Also I am looking for a rearend as well.

Ok guys here is my question.I am running a 904 trans with a 7 1/4 rear.If I swap it out with a 8 3/4 do I have to change the drive shaft or is length and issue.Also thinking of going with 8 1/4 because it should be the same i think.Would greatly appreciate any info.Thanks,Eddie Also I am looking for a rearend as well.

hey bud, go start your own thread somewhere else. lol

Eddie proper forum etiquette is if you have a question, start your own thread. When you jump into someone else's thread and ask a question it can get confusing. Some guys even get mad about it. But to answer your question the driveshaft length is different on all 3 rearends because the yoke center line is different on the 3 rears.

-
Back