Will an 8 3/4 from a 69 belvedere fit an a body?

-

weldedrail

Reaction score
Just ran across a 69 belverdere wagon in the wrecking yard with an 8 3/4 in it. I know a Belverdere is a B body so my question is will the 8 3/4 from a 69 belverdere wagon fit in an A body without modification. If narrowing is in order pulling this one will be a waste of time as I already have 2 from c bodies that I could have narrowed. Just wondering if I could save some money by getting this one if it is a direct fit.

To fit in an A body, all you need to do is move the spring perches in 1/2" each and use the corrected backspaced wheel on them and that it.

To fit in an A body, all you need to do is move the spring perches in 1/2" each and use the corrected backspaced wheel on them and that it.

And others have suggested that while you're at it, you might consider moving the spring perches in to make a little more tire room under there.

Just ran across a 69 belverdere wagon in the wrecking yard with an 8 3/4 in it. I know a Belverdere is a B body so my question is will the 8 3/4 from a 69 belverdere wagon fit in an A body without modification. If narrowing is in order pulling this one will be a waste of time as I already have 2 from c bodies that I could have narrowed. Just wondering if I could save some money by getting this one if it is a direct fit.

The wagon housing may or may not be wider than one from a same-year B-body sedan, but we bought a housing from a '65 B body sedan (Cornet) and stuck it under our '64 Valiant 4-door sedan by moving the spring perches in half an inch on each side, and ordering two steel 8"-wide wheels from Stockton wheel Co. with 5 1/2" back spacing to deal with the extra width of the B-body housing.

-
Back