will an L60 tire fit on a 10 inch rim?

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
I'm running a set of N50-14s on the back of the duster and they are slowly wearing out...one smokey burnout at a time

I have not been able to find N50s anywhere, but a set of L60s popped up

according to my chart:
N50s fit a 9 inch rim, have a 12.85 inch section width and are 26.84 inches tall
L60s fit a 8 inch rim, have a 11.10 inch section width and are 27.10 inches tall

would the L60s fit on my 14X10s ?

thanks guys

I know when using 15" wheels they will work fine.
L's are just a bit taller and narrower than the N's

An L60 will look crapy on a 10" wheel. They are better suited to an 8" wheel. The side walls will pull out dramatically, a couple guys here run that combo and it looks terrible.

This is the closest I have around here for a visual.
This is a L60 15 on a 8.5 wheel. Tread measures just over 10".
I believe if the L14's your looking at have the same 10"s of tread width?? you may be fine on a 9" wheel.
I probably could have used a 10" wheel with these L60 15" tires but never tried it. These particular wheels I had fit the car fine without the tires rubbing a fender.
I think the square corner bias ply tires work out best on the old style wheel sizes, look better than the radials.
Bias plys are what tires were available when these old style wheels were new and just seem to be a good match.
I would definatly measure the tread width before purchasing. I wouldn't put too much stock in any chart myself but I do trust a tape measure.

IMG_20160826_211515_185.jpg

I meant to mention most wide 14" wheels I have come across were 9"s not 10s like the 15s. I would be
double checking this if you weren't positively sure.

Thanks for all the replies guys
I'll double check on Monday to see how wide my rims are

Look up to see what a 275 60 will fit on. That's the alpha numeric equivalent to L60.

When I bought my tires the fella on the phone at Mickey Thompson told me to stay + or - 1" tread width to my wheel width.
My L 60s ended up being 10" tread on a 8.5 wheel.
1/2" narrower wheel than they reccomended and it shows. They crown in the center at proper pressure so I run them a bit low and watch them close for even wear across the tread. The tread does look overly wide for the wheel a bit. I'm sure I would have had a better fit if I had the 10" wheels like the tires were designed for. I just had to work with the wheels I had that fit the car and made do.
If you measure the wheels and tread and keep them matched within reason you will be OK.

-
Back