Will be getting an Alterkation kit

-

Ptdartfreak

Mopar freak
Reaction score
For those who dont know

My name is Chad Gobbell, im 18 and am a die hard mopar fan. Runs in the family.

I have a few mopar projects.
Had a 74 dart sport I paid 600 for and sold for 2300 after fixing it up a bit. With that I bought an all original 72 dart with 60000 original miles. This is my daily driver 318 auto 8 3/4 sure grip rear. Bit of a rust issue.

Worked a deal with a guy and made money off fixing up a 67 convertible firebird. Made the money to buy my project car. So that's where I'm at now. Project car is a 67 dart. Car has a 440 and a ford nine inch rear. i picked it up for $2500. Here is my resto thread. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=85512

Right now im working on the rear suspension. Will be a trianglated four link. Boss had a few things left over from a build and he is helping as well. Basically gonna build a street lynx for cheaper. When i bought the car it already had a shortend ford nine inch in it. I will be using that.

Now heres my delema. My k member was cut up by the previous owner and i dont wanna run a motor plate due to it being rough. So i figure i need disc brakes all new bushings and a new k-member. And will handle good and stop but not as good as i want it to. In the end i want this car to see the track quite a bit.

By the time i do all of that i figure i will be around half the cost of an alterkation kit if not more.

My mom came home as i was thinking about all of this and brought a bag of things from the insurance company. And it had this-

So if you havent figured out money will go into here until i have enough for an alter k. I will toss what i can afford to in there and when i can. I will be selling a few things around the house and some stuff I have at my grandpas here soon. It will all go into this piggy bank. Already has a little over twenty and I started yesterday. I know it will take a while but hopefully selling some stuff boosts it a bit.

Dont know why i posted this but thought it was a cool idea. Mabey someone else who wants an alterk can do the same.

rsz_dscn1734.jpg

The pic is very funny Chad. This would only work for me if the lady of the house doesn't find it and breaks it open ... because she will. ;) Good luck with your savings.

Good idea man...save save save!!! youll get there...its getting to be summer....ask to mow peoples lawns, wash cars...haha, sell lemonade if ya have to!!! the alterK is well worth it!!!!

Sounds like a well thought out plan and cool to boot!!! Save your money where you can and if you can stay out of the rubber plug on the bank you will have it in no time. This will also help you later in life when saving your money and keeping your hands off of it is a must!!! Sounds like your growing up faster than most people I know including myself:D You have a goal and thats all that is needed bro

That looks soooo cool, I gotta get me that!!!

-
Back