Will high pressure rad cap make it run hotter??

-
The only thing that is the same on these motors is the water pump and the headers. The motor with the factory pump never ran hot. The two with the CSR pump and be-cool rad did

Attachments

• DSCF0006.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 7.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 111
  • spoiler pics 117.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 120
  • spoiler pics 662.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 105
  • spoiler pics 806.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF0041[1].jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 110
i'm going to try and slow the flow down, (less holes in the stat) and i've got a spare 12" fan, so might stick that on the front of the rad.

I'm just thinking from what everyone said that the electric pump doesnt move enough water and electric fans don't move enough air.....so is this combination only for the strip as you'll cool the car down between runs?????

BUT...... if your car is on idle in the street, ticking over at 800/900rpm with a stock water pump and fan set up, it doesnt over heat!!.......surely my electric pump and electric fans would at lest equal the stock output at idle???

........ as i mentioned, ive heard of people running these combos on street car with no problems

I think I would throw that braided steel radiator hose as far as I could. Radiator hoses are 2" id for a reason. You need flow!

Take one of them big fans that blow air and chunk it in front at idle parked...if it stays hot, then you can cross off airflow and look at flow...just an idea...and cheap.

I think I would throw that braided steel radiator hose as far as I could. Radiator hoses are 2" id for a reason. You need flow!
This is a moroso set up same hoses run on our modifieds and sprint cars and never a problem. You only need 1 inch diameter same size as the stat flow. I had the factory hose on the upper and the lower is still on. It didn't make a difference. The biggest difference so far was getting the air out with the bleeder in the pump.

-
Back