Will the 7576 intake fit a stock 318 with stock 318 heads

-
20200914_103846.jpg

As Oldmanrick mentioned there is port mismatch. Dont forget to remove the china wall pins. I used the Edelbrock recommended gaskets and Gasgacinch, then rtv where needed. Do not use the metal gaskets.

That's a nice motor ? Gasgacinch is what you use on the front and rear gaskets of the intake
Thanks, The Gasgacinch is for the intake gasket faces to hold them in place while you're trying to get the intake situated. RTV for the front and rear walls, no gasket there.

Do you have a carburetor picked out yet, there are how to threads on here for the different applications. The linkage can get a little tricky

Yes; RTV only.
Sometimes there is not enough room, and the cork seals may split. and
usually, they make the manifold sit too high to get the bolts started. and if you start fidgeting with the intake, the gaskets may slip out of place.
It's just easier to RTV the china walls.
But, as mentioned, don't forget to pull the dowels out of the china walls else they may keep the aftermarket manifold from dropping down, just like the fat cork endseals do.
As to the RTV, tho
you gotta make sure to put on the right amount, and as for me, I always put RTV on BOTH the wall and the intake. Then I assume it's stuck on both.
If you screw up and it doesn't seal, and you don't discover this until after the RTV has cured, it get's frustrating.

-
Back