Will the sheetmetal from a '74 Dart Sport fit a

-

330Scott

Reaction score
'69 GTS? Specifically the front frame rails, inner fenders, floor & trunk pans.

Thanks,

Scott

330Scott said:
'69 GTS? Specifically the front frame rails, inner fenders, floor & trunk pans.

Thanks,

Scott
Uh, I will take a stab at this one.
Fenders. With the placing of one mounting hole being in a different spot, where the lower front bolt goes behind the grille area being about an inch higher for clearance issues with the bumper shocks and two small holes on the front edge in the bumper recess for filler trim and the obvious different marker light verses the 69 reflector only option the fenders are the same.
Front frame rails are the same.
Inner fenders will work but are a little different as in more mounting holes for later electronic stuff and a recess in the front of the right inner fender for the charcoal cannister.
Floor pans for Darts as in Swingers were the same from 67 to 74 with only a slight change in 75 and 76 models on the drivers front in the form of a hump for the convertor. If you have a Dart Sport the pans would be the same as a Duster as the rear pans are a little shorter.
Trunk pans. Patch panels or sections can be used from 67 to 76 models but the reality is if you are going full trunk floors the changes are in the years and are slight but they are there just the same. 67 to 69, 70 to 73, 74 to 76.
Scott, one question from an old fart. Why would you want to put 74 sheetmetal on a 69 GTS??????
Second question. I have a 75 Dart Sport and need some odds and ends. Are you stripping the 74 Sport. Thanks.
Chas :salut: [email protected] :salut:

Chas, thanks for the detailed reply. A friend of mine has the GTS & it is in serious need of at least one, if not both, front frame rails and some other rust belt repair. And a different friend has a friend who is parting out a 74 Dart Sport so I am trying to determine what, if any, lower sheet metal will fit on my friend's GTS from the DS.

I have never spoken directly to the guy parting the 74 Dart Sport, but I can put you in touch with my friend Doug, who is a friend to both of us. Confusing?? :drunken: I'll pass your email addy onto Doug and maybe you will be able to get a few of those parts that you need. The Dart Sport is in Iowa over by Council Bluffs which is right across the Missouri river from Omaha, NE.

Once again, thanks for the detailed info.

Scott

-
Back