Will they fit.

-

dennday67

Reaction score
I have a set of cooper cobra gt on my 68 plymouth valiant. The fronts are 215/65R15 and the rear are 255/60R15. The tires are mounted on a set of western Minilites 15x7 not sure on the back spacing off hand but I had to trim the front to clear the corners and 1/4" space the rear cause they were about 1/4" from the leaf springs. I was considering switching to a set of 15x7 4.25 bs rallyes but was wondering if my tires will clear. Front is bbp disc brakes with 1.03" torsion bars, adjustable struts, and hellwig sway bar. Rear has SS springs lowered 1" front perch.

Based on my experience with my '69 Dart, there is no way to get a 255 tire on that car, even with the perfect size wheel and the perfect backspace. Even a 245 was just about impossible. Unless you want to jack up the rear end like we did in the '70s.

The rear wheel opening on the valiants and darts are a bit different. I don't have quite as much room as the dusters but more than the darts. The fronts are what I'm more worried about.

-
Back