Will this intake choke my combo?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
I have this intake lying around in the garage...here is the link to it on summit racing
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EDL-2176&autoview=sku

It says performer 318/360 on it...the ports look kinda small, and ive talked to some other people who have told me they think this intake wont work well with my combo...the motor is a 340 bored .30 over, 10.5:1 compression, comp 480 lift 280 duration cam, headman 1-5/8 headers, ported x heads, some sort of 650 carb....im thinking my motors powerband will be somewhere in the 6k area, and this intake says its powerband is up to 5,500...if this intake isnt a good choice, what would be a better one to go with? any recommendations appreciated

That intake wouldn't be my first choice, it will be restrictive . The ports are quite small (318 size). For your engine a Edelbrock Performer RPM with the 750 CFM carb of your choice would be much better.

Hey your car looks good, any better pix??? As far as the intake, if you can find a decent priced LD340 go that route... Otherwise move up to Edelbrock RPM or AirGap. Summit has their own branded intakes that look similar to the Eddy's for less money.. I've heard mixed reviews on them. I would stay away from an MI single plane or the like, you'll loose bottom end, but have tons of power over 6500..

Bob

I agree, too restrictive. Try an Edelbrock RPM or AirGap. You'll be much happier.

hey guys, thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to find one of the other dual planes mentioned, as i figured this one wouldnt work out...and Bob, regarding the paintjob, check out my resto thread as i have quite a few pics there....overall it came out great! the panelwork came out looking awesome, the paint itself could have turned out a bit better, but i cant complain for the deal i got on the whole job...ive been working on the dash and steering column as well as the 4 speed pedal setup

Other than the Edelbrock offerings, I'd look at a Weiand Action plus or Stealth only for the combo.

-
Back