Willwoods over stock set up

-

big

69'GTS
Reaction score
Is the Willwood rotor / caliper set up really that much better then the 73' on up A-body style set up. I know they are a little lighter, but do you think it's worth the $700.00 ?? Do you have to swap out the Master Cylinder if you go with their kit ? Thanks.

Is the Willwood rotor / caliper set up really that much better then the 73' on up A-body style set up. I know they are a little lighter, but do you think it's worth the $700.00 ?? Do you have to swap out the Master Cylinder if you go with their kit ? Thanks.

Nope not on a street cruiser type car.

You can upgrade the 73' on up A-body style set up to a 11.75" rotor for the cost of an $50-75 factory caliper adapter. The rotors are about the same price as 10.75" And if you every have an issue everything is availible at he parts store.

Now if it's a drag car and you're in the process of lightening the front end, it may make since after you've moved the battery to the rear and put a glass hood on it.

On the road course they are somewhat better than the single piston ones. Nothing earth shattering.

Now the 6 piston and road race style big beefy calipers with 1.25" thick rotors are going to be an improvement. Especially on the track. They have a strong bridge and keep the pad flat to the rotor at high temperature and pressures. That will also keep your pedal stiffer too because the caliper doesn't flex. Those big calipers hold and support bigger pads that will not get overheated and wear quickly when they get real hot.

You can upgrade the 73' on up A-body style set up to a 11.75" rotor for the cost of an $50-75 factory caliper adapter. The rotors are about the same price as 10.75" And if you every have an issue everything is availible at he parts store.

please more info or link to where one can get one. Like always great info!:read2:

No problem, just wondering if anyone did the swap from stock to the Willwoods, and was "wowed" with the results, and thought it was worth it.:read2:

Thanks Autoxcuda. Very good reading. I think I'm going to try the Cordoba / Willwood upgrade from the artical. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

-
Back