Wilwood 260-11179 combo prop valve with line lock

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Looking at the Wilwood 260-11179 combination proportioning valve to replace the factory distribution block. Has anyone used of these with a Hurst Roll Control? If so, where was the solenoid installed?

Seems like the valve could be a good thing for cleaning up the engine bay. Again, I'd like to ditch the factory brass block on the frame rail which would make trans cooler line routing much easier. It's also nice to have the two front wheel lines coming off the master instead of out of the block down on the front frame rail. It's also got a built-in brake warning light.

260-13190-lg.jpg

Here's a drawing of it.
260-11179_dwg-lg.jpg

Here's the thing though - in my mind, a Line lock usually goes before any distribution block. If you want the solenoid before the valve, you'd have to run the front master cylinder outlet directly to the line lock then back into the F1 port where it would then go to each front wheel. The kit comes with pre-made master cylinder lines and a bracket that connect to the valve which are nice and sanitary, would be shame not to use them.

Another option could be to plug one of the front outlets ("FO" on the bottom of the valve) to make the valve act like a basic distribution block. With one front outlet plugged, you'd plumb the still-single front circuit from the second "FO" port to the solenoid where it would then branch off to both front wheels. Seems like that kind of defeats the purpose of the valve though because it's nice to have the two front wheel lines basically coming right off the master cylinder instead of down on the frame rail.

Perhaps I could eschew the bracket entirely and mount the valve on the inner fender next to the line lock. Not sure if that would work though and/or if it would screw up the metering. I'd have to make all the lines. I have to make some already so probably not a deal breaker.

Just curious to see if someone has done this and how it was handled. Pics will be a big help! Thanks.

I may have answered my own question. I can install the line lock in the rear brakes which would definitely help ease installation of the Wilwood valve.

Yes, you can do that. The solenoid gets plumbed backwards thereby blocking pressure to the rear brakes. Doing it that way allows you modulate your burnout with the front brakes.

I run that setup, little advice. Summit sells the ‘Summit branded’ one for a good bit cheaper. It’s the exact same part, just doesn’t say Wilwood on it.

I have my line lock on the front brake output. Smash the brake, press the line lock button, let go of brake. It’s setup that way because I’m used to it. Putting it on the rear makes a little more sense I think though.

edit: snapped a quick photo, you can kinda of see the line lock under the master.

B157F715-8DEC-4D25-996A-2AF54E512633.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

Really seems like installing the line lock in the front brakes with this particular valve just makes a mess. This looks especially true when you mount the valve off the master. Line lock in the rear brakes for the win!

BTW, when it gets installed in the rear, the solenoid is reversed so it blocks pressure to the rears, it does not hold them like when it’s in the front. If you forget to release the button you won’t have rear brakes.

-
Back