Wilwood Brakes 140-11019

-

DLKessler

Reaction score
I just installed Wilwood's kit #140-11019 which is the non-drilled/slotted version. I weighed each piece the kit replaced versus the kit itself and was floored at the weight savings...47lbs. total off the front end. Wilwood claims between 30-40 lbs. so I was expecting the bottom of that range. I don't think they factored the caliper bracket which is serious iron. The car had 1973 upgrades (it's a '71 Demon pro-street) which were the smaller 10 7/8 rotors and not the 11" plus "biggies" possible - so the weight savings is definitely more with those brakes/rotors. In addition. I switched out the master cylinder for a 2-bolt aluminum version and am now over 50 lbs. It was a great diet. Wilwood recommended the non-drilled/slotted for pure street use and the couple pounds it saved was not worth the additional $100 or worry about cracking. Great upgrade!!

Good to here mine well be getting a full set front and rears soon the weight loss in the rear will be rather dramatic As well.

Even nicer since that lowers the "unsprung weight". I wonder if it saves much over 10" drums or the 64-72 K-H disks. I put a 2-bolt aluminum MC in all 3 of my old Mopars. Besides weight savings, rusty cast iron disgusts me. I even painted my brake parts while off. The down-side w/ the Wilwood kits are that they are more for race and not as robust (no dust seals, etc) and replacement parts are expensive and may be unobtanium some day.

Wilwood DynaPro's (& select other calipers) can be had with dust boots. Those on my car have them.

Most of the new Wilwood designs have dust seals, I know their 6 piston stuff does.

I still went with Dr. Diff's kit, his 13" brake kit is based off an aluminum hub and uses redrilled OE rotors and either cobra style or brembo calipers. All OE type stuff that can be had over the counter, so rotors, calipers, and pads are easy to come by. Well, the rotors would need to be redrilled to 5x4.5, but almost anyone can do that.

I didn't weigh my stuff when I installed it, but its a lot lighter than the 11.75" mopar stuff that came off.

How much was the kit. And where did you buy it

Thanks....................PETE. ......

Last that I knew you had to specify that you wanted the dust boot version of any particular wilwood caliper.

If you want a fixed body caliper with off the shelf parts availability have a look at the Toyota Tacoma & Tundra 4WD calipers as well as more than a few of the yuropeon mfg's. I've seen several that looked like they had the same mounting dims as the wilwood calipers, so it may be possible to use brackets designed for them.

-
Back