Wilwood diskbreaki conversion

-
The kit requires 15" wheels and I'm pretty sure it also requires the 4.5" bolt circle.

Factor in the project, the additional expenses with new wheels (LBP), and new rear axles/brakes (or re-drilled to the LBP).

Do you have 9" or 10" drums on the front? Or is this a 4 piston caliper system?
CAP Auto offers a much more reasonable disc. brake conversion kit.

capautoproducts.com

the owner of cap runs a 66 dart with a small block. he supplies many different brake options for "early" A bodies as well as for most all A, E & B body cars.

holy crap....$1200 for that??? plus you have to buy the $479 spindles on top of that??? OUCH.

Do you really need those drop spindles? I bought a similar Wilwood kit that uses the stock drum spindles for around $600 from Hot Rods USA. They also throw in a proportioning valve, SS flex hose & fittings at that price. Very nice setup & easy to install. Only really time consuming part is fabricating the brake lines. I used a manual disc brake dual M/C from a '70 A-body & made a special bracket for the proportioning valve that mounted under the driver's seat (outside the car). The hubs have provisions for 4 & 4.5" bolt circle but believe there is not enough clearance for 14" wheels, it's fairly tight with 15".

magnum force sells wilwood brake kit spindles and upper control arm for 1450 to 1500. no one makes a kit for kelsey hayes blt on stuff

-
Back