wilwood drum to disc brake conversion

-
That is the exact kit I put on my 65 Cuda. The only thing is I havn't driven the car yet, but as far as fit goes it was perfect.

discdrums.jpg

is that drum attached to the spindle? im looking into doing the wilwood conversion but still new to mopar and in the process of tearing down front suspension.

is that drum attached to the spindle? im looking into doing the wilwood conversion but still new to mopar and in the process of tearing down front suspension.
That drum is on a 9" drum spindle and the disc kit must use 10" drum spindle. The drum is attached to the hub. When you sepate the two the drum usually gets ruined.

1971 dart, I also want to do the conversion. Any tips would be apreciated. Thanks....

The Drum is not attached on the old barke set up. The disc is attached on the willwood set up

1971 dart, I also want to do the conversion. Any tips would be apreciated. Thanks....

You must use the 10" drum spindles and you also get the larger 4.5 bolt pattern, so now you must change the rear end to the 4.5 BP. Just bolt it together it's easy. I would also recomend new upper & lower ball joints and check the rest of the front end out at the same time. You must also use new front brake lines supplied by Wilwood.

Frontdisc.JPG

One other thing I forgot to mention is you must use 15" wheels with these. This pic I have 16" wheels on the car.

tireflss.jpg

So this kit will fit my 71 dart, which has 10'' brakes right? Useing the spindels i already have if i'm reading this right ? i have new ball joints, the rear is already the big bolt pattern

You mean 15" or bigger right ? We are thinking of 17" for the Duster

Thanks,Bob
yup, 15 or bigger.

So this kit will fit my 71 dart, which has 10'' brakes right? Useing the spindels i already have if i'm reading this right ? i have new ball joints, the rear is already the big bolt pattern

Yes it will, I'd say your ready to bolt it on.

Yes I am also looking into putting Wilwood's on all 4 corners. I have disc on the front now and in talking to Wilwood at the PRI show,the guy told me that the kit for cars that allready have front disc brakes has been discontinued.

So that means that I have to find some 10" drum spindles if I want to use their front kit.

For the rears I am going with the kit with the parking brake inside the rotor.

-
Back