Wilwood rear disk brakes?

-

Mopower71

Speed Demon
Reaction score
So who's running Wilwood rear disk brakes with a stock type newer style master cylinder.
Did you have to pull the check valve out of the master, so the line pressure wouldn't hold?
I remember doing this when I put a manual master from a drum set up on my car that had a disk/drum set up.

HawaiiDuster said:
Are you talking about the residual pressure valve? Most of the new type master cylinders don't have them.
I'm going to pull the master apart and check. It's really bugging me that I don't know if it's in there or not. I didn't put the brake system together on the car so I'm wondering if the previous owner even thought about this

mikesduster said:
hey mopower71,
did you just buy that demon not to long ago??
I got it 2 years ago this coming Feb.
I've been doing rework on some things on the car and have only gotten a chance to run it a few times.

Tonight I jacked up the rear of the car to see if it was actually holding the brakes on. Before i touched any thing I turned the rear wheels with the tranny in neutral No resistance except for the driveline. Pushed the brake pedal once and tried again, same thing, no binding. So I pumped the pedal quite a few times the turned the wheels hmmm no binding. So I'm going to assume that it has the right master in it. That's the good news.
I tried to turn the wheels backwards and that's when it's hard to turn.
I do have a spool in the rear but I would figure it would turn the same both ways. It could be the tranny dragging the one band. I saw this in the tranny I had in my Charger. With the pan and vb out you could turn it one way and it was fine, turn it the other and you could watch the band shift crooked and bind on the drum.
I also pulled the front wheel off just for a look see. Hmm odd. the calipers are held on with 2 retaining plates on top of the caliper instead of riding on bolts screwed into the back. Is this a stock setup? I'll have to look into this. The fronts do drag more than I would like, But that's just the piston holding it like that.

-
Back