Wilwood Vs Viper Brake Caliper.

-

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
Hello, i work for O'Reilly auto parts as a manager, my system said that part number 18-4700 from A1 Cardone is no longer available, only as a remanded process, as in sending an existing pair of calipers in to be rebuilt, i used to be able to get them for $60 (my price). So my question is has anyone used both kits, which one would you prefer out of the two? I want to use AR engineering bracket kit for wilwood 120-6815, also another question, are the brake pads for the wilwood calipers, proprietary, or is there a vehicle out there that the pads will fit?

Brake kit is going on 74 dodge dart swinger.

my thought was the readily available brake pads for the viper calipers long term would be around. I look at Willwood as a company that is here today and gone tomorrow kind of belief.

Stock parts are a little easier to obtain then pop up companies that decided to go a different direction when the market dries up.

Don't know about the Viper stuff, But I don't think Wilwood will be going anywhere soon they have been around for awhile now, over 20+ years.

Viper calipers are made by Brembo if I'm not mistaken. It's really hard to beat their equipment.

Wilwood IS NOT a pop up company. They have been around for 37 years for God's sake. They make brakes for airplanes!!!!! How long has Cardone been around?

ScubaSteve: as a manager of a parts store you should know that hardly any company is going to jeep an item in stick that has very little or no demand. Being that the Viper is a low production car, and most owners aren't going to work on their car themselves, and that the dealer will source the part, probably directly, it doesn't make sense to stock/make/sell the part new. I wish they would, but simple economics dictates they won't.

ScampMan: A1 Cardone has been around for more than 40 years.

I have used both wildwood and the vipers,big 3rd gen also. Cass at dr. diff hooked me up with 13" rotors and I made the mounts. I have the big wilwoods with the RMS frontend. I think the vipers edged out the willwoods by a little. the Mercedes rotors were thicker to cool better. the vipers are brembo's as well as the EVO. I have a set of both. and wildwood isn't going anywhere.

-
Back