Wilwoods Finally on

-

BadAssDodge

Reaction score
Well I finally got these things on. It wasnt too bad, but it seems as every project runs into an obstacle, or two, or three....... I had to grind off 1 of the 4 bolts off the passenger side drum backing plate, it was on there so tight my impact wrench didnt even make it budge. My air compressor is pretty small though, but the grinder did away with it quickly. Now all thats left is to get new lug nuts for the new and bigger studs, and install the residual valve and proportioning valve. Is anyone else running these brakes?

DiscDriver.jpg

DiscPass.jpg

man that setup looks nice. When these rotors need to be replaced im going with the crossdrilled/slotted ones. That caliper is also different than mine, and its the same one i saw in the mopar muscle article. I ordered mine in 2001, i wonder if they changed the caliper in the kit? Im gonna need spacers to clear the caliper.

This is actually a Mustang II kit. The AlterKtion uses a modified Mustang II spindle. They sent a drilled rotor kit by mistake. They asked if that was OK. I said it was... :D

BadAss did you need to buy anything other then the kit ? Any surprise purchases?

yup, got the bigger bolt pattern wheels this sunday at the junkyard after you told me they didnt come with a 4 " bolt pattern. I should have read the instructions long ago, but who does that, haha. I also got a steel braided brake hose from magnum force racing. They sent me some plumbing pieces too but I have no idea what its for. The ends of the old brake hose and the new one look identical, so ill just have to see what happens

So beside the rims its a bolt in deal ? Would the rubber brake lines work ?

Im thinking of swapping to big bolt pattern anyway.

yah its a bolt on deal, it only took about an hour per side, not counting the delays. the old rubber hose wont fit though, the steel line looks a lot different than the rubber one on the side that bolts into the wheel cylinder. the side that connects to the hard brake lines looks the same to me. But basically, once you remove all the drum hardware, you just bolt the new backing plate, slide on the rotor and hub, and mount the caliper on the backing plate. Its pretty easy, ill probably go this way on any future cars I get. The only pieces you use from the old setup are the spindle bolt and i used some of the nuts from the old bolts holding the backing plate

If I had to do it over again thats what I would be running up front instead of the factory stuff.

Damn Walter, that set up is too pretty to cover up with those wheels!

I got this setup for my car here. I got the spindles and upper a-arms from the boneyard and the rest from my buddy that works at a distribution center for Kragen, AutoZone, etc, etc. Total cost was $330 for the brand new setup not including the boneyard parts. Nice pieces too.
c26c.jpg

-
Back