Windlace

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Where is a good place to buy windlace? I know places like Classic etc... sell it but is it something that can be picked up at a local autoparts store?

The cheapest place I found after searching hours on the internet was RockAuto Parts for windlace door seal weatherstriping $112.99 for a 66 Dodge Dart Convertible front doors, it came direct from Steele Rubber Products, and Steeles is way higher
this is for 62-66 Dodge & Plymouth all models

I got mine from Rock Auto, very nice and they were the cheapest around. I had to look up the part number for the correct color, from a place like legendary then go on the rock auto site and in the search box type in the part number that I found and then it came up. It was a very good quality windlace, I had no problem with it at all. I don't really have a good picture of just the windlace but you can see it in this picture.
Bob

Attachments

• z244.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 539
I've tried searching rockauto and only came up with the door weatherstrip, I cant seem to find windlace anywhere. What did you search under?

It is under GASKET, http://www.alliance-express.com/edge-gasketing
I ordered samples of 2100, 2200 and 2400. Looks like it comes in 250 foot rolls so if something works I will have enough to help several members out.

the 2400 might be the only one that will work for you if it attaches anything like my 66 dart does. it's configured correctly. the bulb seal goes on the side of the pinchweld so that when you put it on it(the seal ) is facing the door.

When you get the sample of the 2400 can you post a size of the seal diameter? I have to redo mine (and forgot where I bought it) and it was the 3/4 seal size. that's way too big to let the door close correctly. It pushed out the bottom corner of the door. I'm looking for the 1/2 or 5/8 sealing tube size for my 66
thanks

the 2400 might be the only one that will work for you if it attaches anything like my 66 dart does. it's configured correctly. the bulb seal goes on the side of the pinchweld so that when you put it on it(the seal ) is facing the door.

When you get the sample of the 2400 can you post a size of the seal diameter? I have to redo mine (and forgot where I bought it) and it was the 3/4 seal size. that's way too big to let the door close correctly. It pushed out the bottom corner of the door. I'm looking for the 1/2 or 5/8 sealing tube size for my 66
thanks
I got the samples today, the 2400 looks like it will work but it is not very similar to oem. The pinch part is a bit narrower and may not stay on like the old stuff did. The round part is as close to the original as i can eyeball. They also have a 2300 in the catalog which appears to be slightly smaller, comes in 250 foot rolls.

I also got my samples in the mail today. I agree the 2400 is probably the closest, but like you stated it is narrow. I will be going to my car this weekend and bringing the piece with and seeing how it will fit.

I got the samples today, the 2400 looks like it will work but it is not very similar to oem. The pinch part is a bit narrower and may not stay on like the old stuff did. The round part is as close to the original as i can eyeball. They also have a 2300 in the catalog which appears to be slightly smaller, comes in 250 foot rolls.
there is a guy at the Florida sumter swapmeet that sells the windlace. and has a book that I can look at to see if there is anything closer to the original size. I'll see if I can get a part number or something when I go again (it's the 1st sunday of the month so it'll be a bit)

It is under GASKET, http://www.alliance-express.com/edge-gasketing
I ordered samples of 2100, 2200 and 2400. Looks like it comes in 250 foot rolls so if something works I will have enough to help several members out.

i could help with the cost and take some off your hands. I'm not to that point yet, but i will be. 66 dart gt vert. not sure what I woulld need. PM me if interested.

i could help with the cost and take some off your hands. I'm not to that point yet, but i will be. 66 dart gt vert. not sure what I woulld need. PM me if interested.

What a crock! I just tried to order it and it is out of stock, that is a fine how do you do for a "NEW" product.

I've tried searching rockauto and only came up with the door weatherstrip, I cant seem to find windlace anywhere. What did you search under?

umm I think for the early A's. that door weatherstripping IS windlace. or at least that's what I bought mine under. I just couldn't see paying 100+ for a colored windlace when I could buy black door weather stripping and use sem vinyl/plastic dye to get the color I wanted ( did it in black anyway) but might spray the crimp on edge Tan to match the door panels.
this is what your talking about isn't it? it pushed over the edge of the rocker/floorpan and door edges,
View attachment DSCF3790.jpg
and no I haven't made the holes yet for my sill plates . I want to do some fancy sand blasting etch on it.
the door seals cost a total of 20 bucks per side(10ft). if you can live with black. 2 bucks per foot. (if not mask the bulb seal and shoot the edge, it's textured like fabric anyway so it'll hide tons of mistakes) it is glued lightly into the door/quarter seal and then again up near the top seal. DON'T order the 5/8 or 3/4 inch bulb(door won't close right on the bottom back corner). order the 3/8 or 1/2 inch bulb seal and your door will fit a lot better sooner and it won't leak. it takes a bit to flatten out the seal.

Yes that is exactly what Im looking for!

umm I think for the early A's. that door weatherstripping IS windlace. or at least that's what I bought mine under. I just couldn't see paying 100+ for a colored windlace when I could buy black door weather stripping and use sem vinyl/plastic dye to get the color I wanted ( did it in black anyway) but might spray the crimp on edge Tan to match the door panels.
this is what your talking about isn't it? it pushed over the edge of the rocker/floorpan and door edges,
View attachment 1714613536
and no I haven't made the holes yet for my sill plates . I want to do some fancy sand blasting etch on it.
the door seals cost a total of 20 bucks per side(10ft). if you can live with black. 2 bucks per foot. (if not mask the bulb seal and shoot the edge, it's textured like fabric anyway so it'll hide tons of mistakes) it is glued lightly into the door/quarter seal and then again up near the top seal. DON'T order the 5/8 or 3/4 inch bulb(door won't close right on the bottom back corner). order the 3/8 or 1/2 inch bulb seal and your door will fit a lot better sooner and it won't leak. it takes a bit to flatten out the seal.

What a crock! I just tried to order it and it is out of stock, that is a fine how do you do for a "NEW" product.
hang tough till I get to the Florida Sumter swap meet @ the first of the month, I'll have him look up the sizes and order a foot or so of each to make sure I get the right size. I'll post pic's and you guys decide if it'll work for ya. for a convertible I used 9 ft per side but recommend getting 10ft just cause or a 20ft section for both doors. mine goes to the top of the vent window frame and all the way back to the door quarter seal, if your goes further around you can add the distance to the 10ft and double it for the other door oh it only comes in black but will dye. I'll order 3/8 bulb seal and 1/2 in bulb seal and post pic's

Attachments

• !!!starts and ends.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 392
Yes that is exactly what Im looking for!
ok I'll see how much and what type I really need to get(for the ugly blue car in the background) had already bought the 5/8th seal and it kicks the door out a bit on the lower bottom side of the door about 1/8 of an inch . I've had it on the car for a month now and it seals nice but has a little too much seal pressure. If that doesn't bother you much. then you can get the cheaper 5/8th inch stuff. I want the next size down to bring my doors back into alignment, so I'll be getting some of the 1/2 and 3/8 to test my self. I put the original stuff back on and the door closes fine and aligns good. put the new 5/8 inch stuff on and it kicks the door out on the bottom edge no matter what you do. I've even tweeked the door on the bottom side but the seal still kicks it out.

On my Scamp, I only have it at the rear of the door from the vertical door pillar down to the sill plate. Only about 2 ft. or so on each door. I have the original and I did pick up some SEM paint so maybe I will try painting it first and see if it sticks and stays on.

On my Scamp, I only have it at the rear of the door from the vertical door pillar down to the sill plate. Only about 2 ft. or so on each door. I have the original and I did pick up some SEM paint so maybe I will try painting it first and see if it sticks and stays on.

use and adhesion promoter first or it won't stick for long.

here's the one I'm getting ready to try since it looks like the bulb will Squish down more than the 5/8 one I have now on the other car. 48 bucks for 25 ft ain't bad. plus shipping of course.
http://www.perfectfit.com/15976/166348/Weatherstrip--Trims/Trimseal----with-Round-Seal-On-side.html

-
Back