window crank spacers??

-

74valiant

Reaction score
i wanted to put some 6.5 speakers in my front door panels on my 74 valiant. i cut the hole and placed the speaker in, but my window crank hits the speaker. is there any way to space the crank out maybe a half inch or so?

I don't think there is 1/2 inch to spare on the crank spline.

What a about removing the speaker grill and grinding/sanding/filing down the edge that interferes with the crank. Put a bevel on it so it's not noticeable. make sure to file enough off so as not to pinch your hand while moving the crank. the other option is to make some custom speaker grills out of a flatter metal or something.

the speaker grill is way to big to cut down and still have it look right. i might just have someone cut and reweld the grooved part and add on an inch with some steel rod

An easy way out would be to buy a set of vent window winder handles. They are shorter.

sounds like an idea to me!! what years, or models did the smaller crank come on???

What came in 67 Fury matches the 67 cuda handles. You wont find a vent window handle that matches what yours has. anyway... just search vent window on ebay

Hey ,Good Idea redfish!!! I got some of those lil window cranks from a 68 polara,another option is window cranks from a volare or aspen or cordoba they are farther away from the door panel e mail me if you need them [email protected]
An easy way out would be to buy a set of vent window winder handles. They are shorter.

ok, so i finally got around to making door panels and cutting holes for the speakers. i got the volare handles,and they work like a charm!!!!!!!!!! they're approximately a half inch further from the panel and leaves plenty of cleareance for the speaker grill. thanks for the ideas guys, and a special thanks to waggin for the final solution!!!

jason

-
Back