Window Felt, Chrome Trim?

-

weldedrail

Reaction score
What is this piece of trim / felt called and where can I get it? Obiously it is in sad shape. I have seen "catwiskers" but thats for the bottom of the window. This piece goes vertically on the rear roll up side glass.

vbpgimage.php

I got mine frim Steele Rubber. They call it the "quarter window leading edge" weatherstrip. Part # 83-1013-80 for a '70 Dart.

Scott

Got my quarter window weatherstrips from Year One several year ago.

I love this site. I was polishing this very piece on my dart today and was wondering if the even make it. So I searched chrome trim widow felt. And here it is with name and even part number. Absolutely freaking awesome!!

Okay talking about a 70 dart swinger. 2 door hard top. The chrome piece in the first post is attached to the window. Mine was missing when I bought the car. I later found it in the bottom of the quarter panel. My question is can you buy the piece of felt that holds the chrome trim to the window or how does it attach? Regardless the felt is fried on the leading edge as well as the glass side. I didn't find anything at Steele rubber's website.

I read through all of those. I see the leading edge trim. It says in the instruction "do not let the chrome piece come off of window". Mine has came off. Do you simply glue it on?

Check with a local glass shop. It is something like felt paper and just goes in the u shaped groove and slides tight on the glass.

Just remember tempered glass is tough, but just a small sharp ding or twist and you have a 10000 piece 1/4 glass!

-
Back