Window felt for Fastback?

-

RDJ

Reaction score
I ordered some window felt for my 67 Barracuda Fastback from Paddock. As you can see from the picture, the curve for the rear quarter window is incorrect. I could try to make it fit, but to do that I could either bend it and kink it, or cut slots in the plastic and patch it. If I paid $20 for this, maybe, but at $90, it should fit! The quality is pretty low anyway, besides the crappy fit.

It is made by [FONT=arial,sans-serif]PUI Windowfelt Brand Weatherstripping. Is there any other manufacturers of window felts for the Barracuda Fastback? BTW, I had to talk to a supervisor at Paddock before they would pay for shipping this back for a refund. I'm already out the outrageous shipping charge to get this crap sent to me. I mean, it's not even really close to a decent fit.
[/FONT]

cudafelt.jpg

Year One. If you're not happy with parts you recieve from Year One for any reason they'll reship or refund no problem. No need to return the defective item.
Food for thought...
Some of us depended on Year One, Legendary, Laysons, and Mr.Gs', for quailty parts and service many years before the internet.
That was when vendors paid dearly for advertising in magazines along with booths at events nationwide. They could not afford crowds of dissatified customers gathered around those booths.

Year One. If you're not happy with parts you recieve from Year One for any reason they'll reship or refund no problem. No need to return the defective item.
Food for thought...
Some of us depended on Year One, Legendary, Laysons, and Mr.Gs', for quailty parts and service many years before the internet.
That was when vendors paid dearly for advertising in magazines along with booths at events nationwide. They could not afford crowds of dissatified customers gathered around those booths.

Thanks for the response. I called Year One. Told the guy of my situation. He was quite candid about the PUI felt kits. Apparently there is a premium kit, and a Not premium kit. He even admitted the not premium kit is a joke, but said the premium kit is very good. Unfortunately, there are none available, and he doesn't know when they will be.

Anyway, I think that Paddock will be the last place I call for stuff. The Year One person was very helpful.

I'm so glad I did not order my stuff from them. I almost placed an order from them a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the info.

I got the good stuff from the company that makes it and you will find out it also fits the front doors correctly. It comes from
http://www.fpap.com/introduction.htm (I am pretty sure)
and they were absolutely wonderful when they helped me swap my lesser grade I bought from a vendor for their higher grade, more correct felt lined ones that you need.
If I find the man's name, I'll post it.

and here it is:

Fritz R. Wurgler
President, First Place Auto Products
fwurgler@fpap.com

Tom

When I restored my fastback I had the same issue. I just bent it to fitand had no problems. Just need to make sure the slits for the clips are in the right place. Mine matched.

When I restored my fastback I had the same issue. I just bent it to fitand had no problems. Just need to make sure the slits for the clips are in the right place. Mine matched.

I wonder though, since this is a unique car and the felts are for this particular model, why they can't make it right in the first place? If everbody returned it, maybe they would start to make it the correct shape. Besides, mine is so far off, it will make it pretty kinked.

Ah but one size fites all honorable grass hopper.
How you say DOH ! in chinese ? LOL

I had the same problem with mine. I bet it is common with all of them that they to be bent a little to fit. Mine fits, works, and looks good. There was one of my felts (its' actually rubber on the outside of the glass..seals very well) that I had to move one of the locking clips. I just moved it, installed it moved on.

I also had the same problem and bent it to fit too. The problem with mine is that it doesnt seal well on the outside, which is a bummer...

I got the good stuff from the company that makes it and you will find out it also fits the front doors correctly. It comes from
http://www.fpap.com/introduction.htm (I am pretty sure)
and they were absolutely wonderful when they helped me swap my lesser grade I bought from a vendor for their higher grade, more correct felt lined ones that you need.
If I find the man's name, I'll post it.

and here it is:

Fritz R. Wurgler
President, First Place Auto Products
fwurgler@fpap.com

Tom

UPDATE:
I clicked on the link you provided, and the site had a phone number. I called this guy (on a Sunday no less). Great guy. Chatted for a while. I ordered a set, it was $85, which is about the same as the crap I returned to Paddock. Got it today. Nice quality and it fits! Highly recommended. Thanks!

Glad to hear it, Fritz was wonderful to me too. Great company to know.
Tom

UPDATE:
I clicked on the link you provided, and the site had a phone number. I called this guy (on a Sunday no less). Great guy. Chatted for a while. I ordered a set, it was $85, which is about the same as the crap I returned to Paddock. Got it today. Nice quality and it fits! Highly recommended. Thanks!
what phone number do you have i cain't get one clicking on the web site. Thanks

Maybe I was just lucky, but when I restored my 69 FB for the second time about 6 years ago, I bought pretty much everything from Classic Industries. Everything (including the FB window felts) fit fine and was good quality.

-
Back