Window glass 73 dart

-

Robchally

Reaction score
I started building my 73 Dart, 2 door. I couldn't get my door glasses in. I downloaded the body manual 1973. The glass I should have and the glass that came withe the car are in the photos.
The doors do have the side-impact bars, the tracks for the windows are installed, looking to be correct for the 73 door.
My Question: Can anyone identify the glasses that came with the car? According to one previous owner they should be ok for the car. But they seem an inch or two shorter than a nice fit in the body..

dart glass 73.jpg
dart glass.JPG

The signs I could determine:
(no five-star found)
LOF
AS2
Soft Ray
Safety flo-rite
GN-10 (january 10 1964) (In some other list I found 1971, june..??)
DOT 15
M74 (model number)
This M74 should be a model number. It looks like a non-chrysler glass

Well, as far as I now go: no-Dart-I'm-very-sorry-thank-you

Last edited:
I started building my 73 Dart, 2 door. I couldn't get my door glasses in. I downloaded the body manual 1973. The glass I should have and the glass that came withe the car are in the photos.
The doors do have the side-impact bars, the tracks for the windows are installed, looking to be correct for the 73 door.
My Question: Can anyone identify the glasses that came with the car? According to one previous owner they should be ok for the car. But they seem an inch or two shorter than a nice fit in the body..

View attachment 1715701421 View attachment 1715701422

I have a 73 two door hard top and the glass in the picture isn’t it.

I'm at work so I can't look at mine. But 1973 are a 1 year only glass that has a different mounting provisions than previous & subsequent years. I believe it's the number of holes used.

Im pretty sure the 73 swinger glass is straight across the bottom. Also, FYI the 73 glass is one year only due to changes in the regulator.

I found my door glasses, in Belgium, near Antwerp.
My car is defenitely the one-year-only 1973. But a 1973 Scamp filled my empty doors.

So, yesterday was a successfull day and I gained new energy to proceed with my build!

The build is, apart from a drivetrain, progressing nicely.
I went to the authorities to check the Belgian title, no problems at all. It's my choice to register as a 72, or a 73. They preferred the 72 because of the already known history. So that's what I'm going tot do: register as 72, and put a fresh 318/727 combo in it. Picking this one up tonight.

Crap! that combi wasn't a combo. A bunch of loose parts, wasn't happy at all.
It turned out great, however, because the guy had an oil pan marked 392 for me. That means I can proceed with my ready to drop 360! He sold me an other 360 engine in addition, a sb 727 in fine condition and a canvertor, a couple of exhaust manifolds and more.
Well, looks like a decent strong 360 (the one that's in my avatar) will drop in the dart!

-
Back