Window Glass Question

-
Found a post from 2008 from Member 72bluNblu that has pics of the inside of his 72 Dart door. It’s looks like an exact match to my replacement doors.
Here are pics of his and mine. Let me know what you guys think.

4B2372FC-A98F-4624-B92B-439360F267FB.png

618681CE-391E-40D9-9676-070ADB7A1003.jpeg

Mike,
Thanks for the reply. I’ve been researching some old posts to try and figure out which door year the replacements are. They def aren’t 67’s!
Since the replacemt ones are already painted I gotta stay with em. I did see an old post that said that the brackets i am pointing at in my pic of the red replacement door are for vent windows. If the post is accurate then they will work with my 67 vents is the question. I could remove the brackets from my 67 doors and weld em in the replacement doors I suppose but really don’t want to perform surgery on fresh painted doors.
Painting is the least of your problem. Is there any way possible to fasten the bracket with small nuts and bolts or screws. If you can use a nut and bolt I would lock tight it in place. This would avoid messing up the paint. Mike

Painting is the least of your problem. Is there any way possible to fasten the bracket with small nuts and bolts or screws. If you can use a nut and bolt I would lock tight it in place. This would avoid messing up the paint. Mike
Maybe even use pop rivets

Mike, One of my questions is the difference in the vent window itself.
Is the frame different at all after 67 or is it simply that bracket?

The vent frame is the same from '68-72 on a 2drHT. '67 is different even though the glass itself is the same.

The vent frame is the same from '68-72 on a 2drHT. '67 is different even though the glass itself is the same.
Got ya. Check out the pic attached and let me know if you think the holding block and Allen screw on the right side of the pic might work on A-body holding brackets as well.

Got my glass out of the 67 doors. Pics below of my vent window frame with the circled part (mounting point to top of door) the only difference I can see between rhe 67’s and 68-72’s. Other pic is a 68-72 pic from an old post.

442D0E71-084B-4217-8A37-914E454F96EB.jpeg

7334EAC0-464E-4F00-B0E5-0D9FFE1BFEDE.png

Mike, One of my questions is the difference in the vent window itself.
Is the frame different at all after 67 or is it simply that bracket?
I'm not 100 percent sure without seeing in person and taking measurements but, I am fairly sure they are the same. I hope this is helpful.

Mark,
Pics attached, doors are def 69 up due to the lock knob placement. Side mirror holes are right about the back end of a vent window. I just need to figure out what internals from my
67 doors will bolt right over or if I can make any that won’t bolt over fit with a little effort. Does that bracket I’m pointing to on red door in rhe previous post indicate the door had a vent window?

View attachment 1716251431

View attachment 1716251432

View attachment 1716251433
Your red door also has the remote mirror hole in it, while the other door does not. Being your door is already painted, you will need a "remote mirror" also.

-
Back