window hardware

-

dusterbd13

Reaction score
well, since i had to order a reproduction drivers side door glass for my 70 duster this evening, i figure id take a look at why it wasnt ever working well in the first place.

the nylon rollers(?) that come off the window regulator arms, and go into the "C" channel that bolts to the glass, are worn to the point of almost being square. anyone know where to get reproductions?

and ill let yyou know what i think of the AMD glass when it gets here.

A friend of mine said the aftermarket glass is wavy. I never seen any so im just sayin,

i guarentree that its in better shape than the one i just sweeped and vacuumed up.

i was adjusting my door glass last night. closed the shop door with a great piece of glass. opened the shop door after work today, and was greeted by a bunch of little pieces. you can check my build thread in a little bit for carnage pictures.

im proud of myself. i didnt even cuss or hit anything. im really learning to control my temper. and i know nobody but my wife or i care, but i just had to share.

well see how wavy the glass is when it gets here. if its too bad, ill hunt for a good used one.

michael

You can get all glass rollers front and back from R/T specialties. I was also told that the new glass is wavy. I ordered a front window from AMD for my Dart . Twice they sent the wrong window. It was for a Duster. I finally told them to forget it and ordered from a local shop.

There was a aftermarket rear window in my 67 notch. It had 2 little waves at the lower right corner. Just enough to notice in the sunshine. That piece was installed in 1992 so wavy reproduction glass isn't something new.
When I redid the windows and added 68-69 reveal mouldings I used the OEM glass from my 68 donor. It's a little bit discolored in both lower corners but it straight, has a pentastar, good enough for me.

You can get those plastic rollers in the "Help" section of popular parts and acc places.
Checker, Autozone and such.
I got mine at a 7th Ave auto for around 3 bucks a package.

-
Back