Window polish anybody

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
Just bought another dump truck windshield on passenger side looks like the wiper was ran with grits on it..anybody know of a polish or way to get the windshield back looking ok..small little marks

20171123_100232.jpg

Double check me but IIRC there are videos on YouTube where they fix a windshield with a clay bar and buffer.

If you google it you should be able to find it.

I used a small polisher and toothpaste to repair some minor scratches on an old Ranger. You have to look hard for windshield polish, seems few people carry it anymore.

Just bought another dump truck windshield on passenger side looks like the wiper was ran with grits on it..anybody know of a polish or way to get the windshield back looking ok..small little marks

View attachment 1715116972

Just because I'm curious...what's not Mack in that truck? It has the silver bulldog so something isn't Mack

I have used 'Purple Metal Polish' with excellent results on the 'foggy look 'type of scratches on auto wimdows.
Yote

Just because I'm curious...what's not Mack in that truck? It has the silver bulldog so something isn't Mack
the gold dog for pure breed got lost in late 80s after mack was sold out to renault, not sure when volvo acquired mack but even less dog in them!

Yep, my Wifes 72 had the same type of hazing from what looked like a wiper with dirt on it and that polish kit cleaned it up nicely.

Cerium oxide and a polishing pad. Just be sure you don't polish the glass so much it gets waves in it and distorts your view.

The only thing I've tried is "rodite" powder.
Whatever that is.
Available from Eastwood.
It works but as we are polishing glass, I don't think there is a fast process.

I'm doing a search for information for "chip repair".
Any good, etc?
And jumped in here.

The only thing I've tried is "rodite" powder.
Whatever that is.
Available from Eastwood.
It works but as we are polishing glass, I don't think there is a fast process.

I'm doing a search for information for "chip repair".
Any good, etc?
And jumped in here.
safe lite repair dose great on chips and small cracks...

-
Back