Window regulator delete

-

Northern Grit

Reaction score
in an effort to shave weight one of the many things I would like to do is removed the window regulators however at least the drivers window still needs to be operational. I have seen many times where guys have used a strap and clip looped through the doorframe so when you pull the strap it lifts the window up then clip and secured viola! I searched through the forums (maybe I'm doing it wrong) but I haven't found mention of it anywhere and I need some brainstorming ideas. Anyone done this?

Anyone know the weight of the window regulators by chance? Debating doing this to my car if the weight is substantial.

Took them out of my Cuda and regret it, back when the Mopars' where in Indy. Always, it was way to flippin' hot over there so, I put the regulators back in. I decide that the only way to get rid of the rolling windows was, to change the doors to fiberglas. I'm 59 now and doubt that will ever have a desire to build a 2000 pound big block car.

Took them out of my Cuda and regret it, back when the Mopars' where in Indy. Always, it was way to flippin' hot over there so, I put the regulators back in. I decide that the only way to get rid of the rolling windows was, to change the doors to fiberglas. I'm 59 now and doubt that will ever have a desire to build a 2000 pound big block car.
I remember chatting with you at that event (you had the blue fastback Barracuda that was REALLY light weight, correct?)....2012, or 2010...I don't remember.

Anyone know the weight of the window regulators by chance? Debating doing this to my car if the weight is substantial.
Each one is about 3.4 lbs. so in itself not substantial. However as a step toward weight reduction it's an easy way to dump 6.8 lbs. I have a pile of almost 300lbs of unessisary items that I've collected so far.

-
Back