Status
Not open for further replies.

drp2671

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Hey everyone,

There wouldn't happen to be anyone on here who has a drivers door window regulator for a 73 Duster laying around that they'd be willing to sell? I've tried moparts and ebag to no avail. The one I need looks like this one.

regulator6.JPG

Hey DusTed,
I can't say for sure if the one's from a 74 are the same...I've seen a couple of different regulator "styles" from various Abodies, but none like the one I have in the picture....all the other one's I've seen so far have looked like the one in this picture below or they have a vertical rod which mounts to the top and the bottom of the door which mine doesn't....And of course the only way to find out which one it has is to pull the door apart and look....

4459_1.JPG

Bigdaddydon, I am definitely still in need of one, if you have a drivers side one that would be awesome! How much would you want for it??

I think the regulator changes styles in 73 for the two door models. The change was made to allow clearance for the door handle which moved upward on the inside of the door. This later regulator is also need if you plan to convert to the aftermarket power windows.

Bump,
Still on the hunt for this elusive window regulator....:help:

Hey everyone,

There wouldn't happen to be anyone on here who has a drivers door window regulator for a 73 Duster laying around that they'd be willing to sell? I've tried moparts and ebag to no avail. The one I need looks like this one.

I'll print that pic and head out to the field and look. I know i have one. Just got to pull some door panels that are junk. The one guy is correct the 73 yr there was a change in style. I know. It takes different glass also...... i'll go out and look. I'm in West Plains, Mo.

I went out and looked and i beleive i have one ot two but it's too cold to get it out now. I had a 71 scamp door in the shop so i took it apart and no dice. Not the same as what your looking for. It would be this week sometime before i could get it out. How big a hurry are you in?

hey there, i've been looking for window regulators on ebay and all the regulators i see that look like your's are for early a bodies from 63-66. check it out. look up dart window regulators on ebay and you will see. the window regulator should have a part number on it. if it is there let me know. talk at you later,
bigdaddydon

hey there, i've been looking for window regulators on ebay and all the regulators i see that look like your's are for early a bodies from 63-66. check it out. look up dart window regulators on ebay and you will see. the window regulator should have a part number on it. if it is there let me know. talk at you later,
bigdaddydon

Hey Don,
I didn't even see this post till today....but anyway I still haven't found one....I've been scouring ebay for a while now with very little luck. the numbers that are on the regulator that I have are 598EM04(between the the spring and where the crank handle goes) 421EM50(on the scissor arm) and on the gear part the number is EM445

I went out and looked and i beleive i have one ot two but it's too cold to get it out now. I had a 71 scamp door in the shop so i took it apart and no dice. Not the same as what your looking for. It would be this week sometime before i could get it out. How big a hurry are you in?

Hey there Small Block,
Is it still cold out there? I'm not in a HUGE hurry to get it...but If I leave that window out for too long the neighborhood cats are gonna make a new home in my car LOL!!

Yo Igor (love that avatar),
Is that the drivers door reg. pictured and whats wrong with it ?
It dont look broke.

Yo Igor (love that avatar),
Is that the drivers door reg. pictured and whats wrong with it ?
It dont look broke.

Hey RedFish,
Thats one of my favorite movies! Anyway, yeah, it's the drivers door reg. You cant see it in the picture but the gear lost about 6 teeth right where the crank handle piece is in the picture so it won't roll up the window, have to grab the glass and pull it up....then the crank handle just spins.

You probably wont find a "like new" regulater for a drivers window since its the most used. That one could be fixed good as new if you want.
That film is on my top ten list too. :)

You probably wont find a "like new" regulater for a drivers window since its the most used. That one could be fixed good as new if you want.
That film is on my top ten list too. :)

I was thinking the same thing...but I don't need a like new...just one with all it's teeth. But if I can fix the one I have i'll do that instead of driving myself crazy trying to find another one. So how would I go about fixing the one I have?

you'll need to weld build that section and file cut the new teeth in it but more iimportantly you need to rebuild the drive gear assembly. Go in the rear door panel of any 4 door car and drill the rivets out of that driver housing (cordless drill and 3/16" bit) . No need to remove the entire regulater or glass there. You'll also need replacement rivets, vise grips to whip that spring, etc..

Well that seems simple enough save for the welding part...not quite that experienced at welding yet....might know some folks who are though.

Thanks!

Hey man ,I might know where one is and very cheap(probably only $10.00 or so) I'll check on it tomorrow and then get back here to see if you've figured anything out yet. If I can find it, I'll pick it up and ship it out to you for the actual price of it and the exact shipping charge.(should be less than a $20.00). Yours doesn't have the verticle rod and is held on by just three 7/16 or 1/2" bolts, yes?

I couldn't find one today. Try wildcat auto wrecking, they are sure to have one, but it might be a bit pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back