Windows xp no more security patches

-
Disagree all you want; they've still supported XP longer than Apple or any of the Linux distributions support any given version of their OS. You're right that they haven't really done much "worthwhile" since XP...But that doesn't really matter. They write operating systems; obligating them to supply updates when they don't see any value in it would be a huge overstep by any sort of authority. Twelve years is well beyond "reasonable" for support.

I think maybe you're missing a bigger picture here.
If MS had dropped support for their best running OS during, say their Vista-era, they would have been history by now.
You simply don't prematurely shoot the goose that keeps laying golden eggs.

Besides that, MS was judged to be a monopolist around that time, by locking users into using/buying their products and actually eliminate and push possible competition into bankrupty.

Even now, after they so called 'stopped support and updates (for the average Joe)', they seem to still be able to SELL support for those who want to pay for it. Mostly governments. (Remember how governments get their money).
Thus turning an umpteen year old OS into a cashcow again.

My 2 cents. :)

LOL!!!! i'm like a few guys on here, 66 ( ancient), hate anything electronic, especially computers, cell phones, I pads, and yes microwaved dinners!!!!!
I just got new hard drive, (old one ran XP, wore out, no memory and on dial up) yes live here in the sticks!! got satelitte for it, and damned it works and moves right along. HEY, I 'm even thinking of getting rid of land based phone and get free cell!?????
who elite has free cell where I can pay for calls per minute. I make probably one per week!!?????? LOL no really..........
no I still don't want to figure out "facebook"!!!!

-
Back