Windshield and Wiper assembly replacement.

-

Nomad8324

Reaction score
Ended up pulling the cracked windshield from the dart today since it was finally nice out again. I think either the windshield itself was/is leaking and/or the wiper pivots.

DSC00227_zpsiyhajhkt.jpg

DSC00229_zps9e7jteur.jpg

Any suggestions on where to get a new gasket and glass? So far nobody local has anything and if I remember correctly from reading here 4 doors have taller windshields then 2 doors and such. I'm gonna call around to some more shops tomorrow but I'm not very hopeful that I can find it new and local.

Now for the fun part. How bad is it that I yanked a shaft out with the driver side wiper? Both arms were/are seized to the shafts and even with the release it seems gentle persuasion didn't work with the shaft that came out being bent I assume breaking some clip inside and snapping the passenger arm off at the shaft.

Thoughts on how to fix/replace this? Pretty sure the pivot seals are roasted anyway.

With some luck I'm going to pull the dash out tomorrow and see what I can get at from the other side. I'll try and get some more pictures the parts and such.

Thanks

Any ideas on cheaper glass?

Also are the parts for the wipers available anywere? I bent the one driver side one since the wiper arm was seized to it and I'm sure the passenger side that snapped the arm isn't much better.

I have the wiper assembly in a 68" barracuda if your interested I can check to see if they are in good shape. Shoot me a pm for details

I would inspect both the lower corners of the windshield for any rusted thru holes. Take a wire wheel or brush and clean them up really good. A lot of times they leak on the corners thru small rust holes. Then make sure you seal the area up really well before putting windshield back in. Sometimes you have to add some new metal.
Rod

-
Back