Windshield gasket?? convertible vs hardtop?

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
ok I'm collecting part for my 66 convertible's I will need 2 windshield gaskets for the cars and all I find are Sedan/hardtop not vert's.. If they use the SAME windshield just what the heck is the difference? I looked at the 4door parts car and they look the same to me.. just what is the difference..and acan I use the hardtop gasket
thanks and MERRY Christmas! to all
66dvert

My parts listings show that the convertibles and hardtops/sedans for 63-66 A-bodies all use the very same front windshield gasket.

There is a big difference in the front windshield weatherstrip. The upper part of the weatherstrip is about half an inch higher towards to uper chrome mouldings around the frame. On my Dart convertible is a new weatherstrip but it doesn't look good to the difference between the moulding and the weatherstrip. I've checked all the partsvendors and noone has the right stuff for convertibles only. On my old Dart convertible was the orginal one in super condition and it just looked good.

The part# is as follows;

Weatherstrip w/o vinyl roof except convertible #2242 450
Weatherstrip w/vinyl roof 2d ht #2218 960
Weatherstrip convertible coupe #2424 392

If we could get a bunch of early A-body convertible owners who needed one we could get in contact with someone who can reproduce them for us.

Comments?

I've got the inner part of the convertible seal (cut off the outside part, it was trashed anyway) around here somewhere.. I thought ther inner chrome molding covered that part. I'll look on the other convertible and see if it does.. then measure the 4 door to see if it'll be covered. if not maybe there aere enough of us out there to get some run if it's only that modification that might be needed.. 1/2 in on top ya say hmmmmm
thanks

keastab, if you need a convertible front gasket, and one from a 63 Valiant convert will do, I have a used one in good condition that you can have. Just message me with your shipping address and I'll get it to you. If you'd like to help someone out, send a donation to the "bid and win" that memike is running, any help these folks can get is always welcome. Merry Christmas, Geof

keastab, if you need a convertible front gasket, and one from a 63 Valiant convert will do, I have a used one in good condition that you can have. Just message me with your shipping address and I'll get it to you. If you'd like to help someone out, send a donation to the "bid and win" that memike is running, any help these folks can get is always welcome. Merry Christmas, Geof

I finally found out where this money from treva's paypal came from :cheers:

Thank you very much for your help and I would like to thank you both very very much. another 48.25 after fee's Thank you thank you the folks will be so happy:cheers::cheers:

-
Back