Windshield gasket

-
Maybe some WD40 to help slide the glass in and a plastic window spoon. I like to use some black silicone on the corners also.

Actually it is easier than you might think. I researched many threads before installing and used some of the tips like dish soap in the windshield channel to lubricate .

Make sure all of your moulding clips ( if your car uses them ) are in good shape and clean of old butyl... I spent more time cleaning the old clips then installing the windshield.
Let the new gasket sit in the sun for a while before installing.

My son and I did the install in about 1/2 hr.... Only glitch I know of so far is a poor fitting corner on the interior side over the headliner. My gasket must have been an EXACT repro...
Because every A-body I have ever owned had the same issue !!

I just installed mine on my 69. It was pretty easy, then again, I was able to reuse my gasket, still soft and flexible, didn't even have to take it off the body. Broke the old windshield coming out, it was stuck to everything. Cleaned the gasket up really good, got some good tips from the windshield guy that dropped off my glass and popped it in in about 20 minutes. But if u are at all leery about putting it in yourself, it probably wouldn't cost much more to have it installed.

anyone know correct part number for 72 scamp with chrome trim around? Im getting different answers in my search WCRD690 and 691 but not sure which

-
Back