Windshield Gaskets

-

cybrtygr32

1967 Ratfish Fastback
Reaction score
Ok guys, help! Phoned Yearone and they say that 1967 front and rear gaskets are not available. Steele rubber show them on their site, but installation print out on site leads me to believe it could be a '68 instead of the '67. What have yall done in the past when needing this item. Yearone guy told me to see local glass shop for tape installation, this can't be done (can it) glass would be too small. I would love the flush fit like my '32 Ford with the S10 and adhesive. Any help appreciated.

It's a time consuming chore to clean an original gasket for reuse but it'll fit better than anything the aftermarket has. Most folks opt for the 68 and up gaskets and stainless reveal mouldings. Good luck

Yeah, I have a friend that did that but finding the molding is expensive and a chore as well. Will the glass stay in with out the molding while looking for the molding? I guess it would look like heck without that dressed edge as well. I acually have found a '68 that has good parts and window trim, but an old lady owns it and will not take less than 2 grand for it. Why they would make the back and no front is beyond me! Thanks

The 67 gasket needs a lock insert be it chorme or the round one. It will leak without it.
The later stainless requires attaching clips that are installed before the gasket. Dont look sooo bad while waiting on trim but those clips can bite when washing or messing with wipers and such.
What car we talking about anyway ?

OK the front window stainless can come from any A-body except Duster. Not so with that rear window :(
The 67 chrome insert does shrink and yellow over time but it can be replaced several times for less than the cost of rear stainless. If Year One is out of stock on 67 gaskets I'm sure they will have more someday. Good luck

-
Back