Windshield install advice.

-
:thumbsup:

2f24e874bbedbb0574de644332332252--waylon-jennings-big-bird.jpg

Put the gasket where it will get nice and warm before beginning work. Under the portable shop lamps works great.
He lives in Oceanside, CA. He can lay it out on the patio in the bright, warm February sun to warm up. LOL

I never use sealant between the glass and rubber. Only along the bottom before installing rubber and around the rubber before installing the chrome.
THANK YOU. I have put in a lot of gasket style windshields WITHOUT and kind of goop between the gasket and pinch weld lip, and I have never had a leak. Notice I specifically said "between the gasket and pinch weld lip". My 69 Barracuda was the first gasket style windshield I have ever installed that did not have a lip all the way around. So, like you, I did use a bit of sealant along the bottom, but no place else. A properly installed gasket should not leak! I helped a friend install a windshield in a 67 Mustang a few years ago, and he INSISTED in gooping it up, because he saw that "it was the right way to do it on TouTube." What a mess and waste of time.

More pics. It looks like I won’t be able to get to the screws with seal in !
someone really screwed this up ! Oh so mad. Sorry just venting.

6711D1DA-941E-4EF5-8A92-A4735EF9D56A.jpeg

1D9DF389-2F5F-4FBE-847D-3710E08CC166.jpeg

4630D659-F041-4589-8CC4-53F8146DB932.jpeg

24D16066-3873-4DE5-92EF-F15F4053EE42.jpeg

32ED606D-63E5-4EAA-8467-2FC3723768F2.jpeg

Yes Tony, unfortunately either they didnt know what they were doing or were lazy.
Properly done those clips are installed with windshield out. Clips need to be flush
Make sure your glass guy is familiar with old Mopars and their windshield gaskets.
If you replace the gasket, best on the market as far as I know is Precision Replacement Parts.68/9 barracuda windshield stainless clips

Just installed one last night. Installed clips for the chrome on the 67 . No sealer just dawn dish washing liquid. Old seal went right in. No sealer .

100_0033 (4).JPG

100_0024 (3).JPG

100_0040 (3).JPG

100_0037 (3).JPG

Just installed one last night. Installed clips for the chrome on the 67 . No sealer just dawn dish washing liquid. Old seal went right in. No sealer .

View attachment 1715994501

View attachment 1715994503

View attachment 1715994504

View attachment 1715994505
Cool, invisible too. LOL and an advertisement slipped in.
67 Valiant and barracuda are different looking at the bottom corners, I can see why they may not need sealer.
I love the interior of that car, fking sweet. right on. Let's see the glass in.

I think. I can take more pics of mine.
Thanks All !

View attachment 1715994434
I'd say you're looking at redrilling all the clips lower and over a little to each side of the fk up holes..moving the corners closer/out in order to get them right and it may indeed require removing the windshield and the seal and all that again. Fill or spot weld the messed up holes

The holes for the clips are 1/4 deep. Used a small combo square and copied them off of a 68 FB here. I'll get some pictures when I go back over to the garage.

Fyi this is a 68 fb. Your thinking they put clips in wrong spot or it’s wrong clips cause the holes should have been there already. Car came with trim installed but was sticking way out so I knew something was wrong.

Cool, invisible too. LOL and an advertisement slipped in.
67 Valiant and barracuda are different looking at the bottom corners, I can see why they may not need sealer.
I love the interior of that car, fking sweet. right on. Let's see the glass in.
here is the picture of the windshield in, While I was over there we put the carpet and seats in

100_0068.JPG

100_0069.JPG

100_0070.JPG

100_0071.JPG

100_0072.JPG

Fyi this is a 68 fb. Your thinking they put clips in wrong spot or it’s wrong clips cause the holes should have been there already. Car came with trim installed but was sticking way out so I knew something was wrong.
That would be a better scenario. "Swapping to correct clips"

Sorry I forgot it was a 68. They very well could be the right holes with wrong clips. No matter what that windshield has to come out and go from there. Chk my thread out with clip measurements.
The widest clips that fit also height wise are best for the trim support in my opinion. LOTS of clip variations out there.
My thread
68/9 barracuda windshield stainless clips

I was afraid the windshield would have to come out. I will measure but I think the wrong clips were put in and they didn’t even put side clips.

-
Back