Windshield replace

-

70440duster

Reaction score
Does anybody have any information or a thread I can go to. I need to replace the windshield in my 71 duster. :headbang:

If I typed everything I've learned from experience here it would read as if I were trying to talk you into hiring a professional (which really is the best plan). Extremely sharp, stainless trim, rusted attaching clips, and even that required clip tool can ruin your day. :(
Do you plan reusing the original gasket ?

Even with a new gasket theay are a pain in the ***! It took me 3 tries to get mine in along with a lot of cursing!
I was just surprised i didn't break it,i hope i never have to do another one!

I got lucky. Yesterday my neighbor had a glass repair guy come over to install a new windshield. I walked over and asked him if he would remove the windshield on my Dart. He said he has very little experience with older cars, but he'd give it a try.

He removed the windshield without screwing up the trim for a whole $25.:D I was very happy with that, and even happier to find the metal under the windshield rust free.

BTW, where can I get new clips? About 6 of mine are fubar.

I got lucky. Yesterday my neighbor had a glass repair guy come over to install a new windshield. I walked over and asked him if he would remove the windshield on my Dart. He said he has very little experience with older cars, but he'd give it a try.

He removed the windshield without screwing up the trim for a whole $25.:D I was very happy with that, and even happier to find the metal under the windshield rust free.

BTW, where can I get new clips? About 6 of mine are fubar.

Several vendors have those clips. Got mine off ebaymotors. Normally sold in "per application" packages though. I dont know where to buy 1/2 dozen.

-
Back