Windshield swap?

-
Guess I will find out. Im buying back a sedan windshield I just sold. The buyer couldn't use it and it was only $20. If it works, I will be looking to see if a 68+ gasket will also work and the stainless trim. I don't think the trim will work since the corners are sharp on the trim and the recess on the 65 is round, but it could be made to work with rear window trim.... maybe.

Guess I will find out. Im buying back a sedan windshield I just sold. The buyer couldn't use it and it was only $20. If it works, I will be looking to see if a 68+ gasket will also work and the stainless trim. I don't think the trim will work since the corners are sharp on the trim and the recess on the 65 is round, but it could be made to work with rear window trim.... maybe.

Wasting your time, none of that stuff will work on a 66.

Well 65, but close enough. Have you compared the 2?

Well 65, but close enough. Have you compared the 2?

Have parts books for most years, definite no go. All 65 A-body used the same windshield regardless of body style. If you look at the physical difference between a 67 & pre-67 there's just no way it would work. The article has a typo, it can't be from a 65 sedan.

I sent Mopar Muscle the question. Hope to hear from them soon.

396 Signet is right. The '63-'66 A-body windshield is very different from both of the '67-'76 windshields. This is a collossally dumb idea even if you could manage to bung the wrong windshield in; the windshield is a critical safety item. Make it wrong and very bad, very dangerous things can happen (puddles of blood, severed body parts, twisted metal, etc). And the right windshield is available for the '63-'66 cars, so…use it!

Dan and 396 Signet are indeed correct. Dw690(67-76) is 22x58 and dw625(63-66) is 22x56. The width is the difference. Thanks for your help.

I read that post too, and was floored at their editor not picking that apart. Duh!

-
Back