Windshield Trim Clip Position 67/68 Valiant

-

Sig 440

Reaction score
Hi All
Need some advise
My 67 Valant has had the 68 trim and rubbers fitted to the front and rear glass
I have never been happy with the way the trim sits and is all way popping out.
I have removed the screens for a respray and have found some of the clips seem to be sitting high
I would have thought they should be sitting flush with the panel not protruding above.
Can some one shed some light
IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

I could be wrong, but are the trim clips installed upside down?

Last edited:
The top of clip should be low enough for top of reveal moulding to be almost continuation of the body contour. Anywhere else around the windows you would place the clip low as it will go. This one line at the cowl doesn't have a continuous fence or line, just a few little segments of fence. When late model moulding are added to a 67 model, the installer has to drill all the holes for clip screws. When you do get correct clips you may find the screw holes are in wrong location too.
windshieldClips.JPG

The top of clip should be low enough for top of reveal moulding to be almost continuation of the body contour. Anywhere else around the windows you would place the clip low as it will go. This one line at the cowl doesn't have a continuous fence or line, just a few little segments of fence. When late model moulding are added to a 67 model, the installer has to drill all the holes for clip screws. When you do get correct clips you may find the screw holes are in wrong location too.View attachment 1715745634
Thanks mate greatly appreciated
Just wondering would the rear screen be different or use the same layout as the front except for the lower edge

Thanks mate greatly appreciated
Just wondering would the rear screen be different or use the same layout as the front except for the lower edge
I dont have the clip pattern for dart rear window. I do have for B'cuda fast back. I had notch back also but no finding it now. If you study a few of these clip layouts you find there is no rocket science to it. First clips are a few inches away from curves and corners and those places where 2 trims join. Then remaining clips are equally spaced between those.

fastbackclippattern.JPG

-
Back