Windshield washer jar setup

-

73Charger318

Member Rt 66 Mopar Club
Reaction score
I'm doubting this, but would a windshield washer system been optional in 63? I can find no evidence in my 63 Dart GT that one ever existed. I assume if it did the system would have been one of those bags with a floor pump inside. Any ideas on adding one? Would love to see what the factory set up looks like, or anything anyone has done aftermarket to get a squirter to the windshield. Thanks!

I'm doubting this, but would a windshield washer system been optional in 63? I can find no evidence in my 63 Dart GT that one ever existed. I assume if it did the system would have been one of those bags with a floor pump inside. Any ideas on adding one? Would love to see what the factory set up looks like, or anything anyone has done aftermarket to get a squirter to the windshield. Thanks!

I believe it was an option. It is a bag and foot pump. You can get reproductions of everything but the bracket to hold the bag. Our 63 Dart that had the original when we bought it.
E58654AD-57EF-4DC3-B1E7-6166F91D1355.jpeg
4B38EF43-327E-4A77-9597-2A13306DBF0A.jpeg
C0AB354B-F0FF-4AF6-B29C-2B24FA38769F.jpeg

Very nice. I can see some holes that could have held a bracket, but it doesn't look like they've ever been used. On your car, I see one line going to the firewall which is obviously for the pump, but how does fluid get to the windshield? Prices for just the bag are pretty crazy on eBay.

Nice power brakes too. I'm looking at a system from mpbrakes to upgrade mine.

Thanks
Alan

Very nice. I can see some holes that could have held a bracket, but it doesn't look like they've ever been used. On your car, I see one line going to the firewall which is obviously for the pump, but how does fluid get to the windshield? Prices for just the bag are pretty crazy on eBay.

Nice power brakes too. I'm looking at a system from mpbrakes to upgrade mine.

Thanks
Alan

The hose that runs vertical to the cowl goes to the nozzles. I have no idea how it was suppose to work. Just hooked it up the way was originally. Just for looks now! Yes stupid expensive.

Look in early dusters/demons/etc for a close enough foot pump. Even with that the bottle is crazy priced IMO, $100 for everything you need except the pump.

Look in early dusters/demons/etc for a close enough foot pump. Even with that the bottle is crazy priced IMO, $100 for everything you need except the pump.

That would be nice. I've seen people asking $150 just for the bag. If you have everything I need for $100 count me in and send me the invoice! lol

Fords used the same system. Blanking out on the name of the company they made this style system but Ford and Chrysler used it.

Two fittings on the bag cap. One goes to the floor pump, the other to the washer nozzles "T". There's a check valve in the bag cap to keep the fluid going just one way.....out to the nozzles.

My 63 has the same bag set-up. My bag sets a little lower on the inner fender though. I'll post a pic later.

-
Back