Windshield wiper motor wires

-

72Plymouth

Reaction score
Anyone ever rewire the wiper motor with new wires? Mine still works but, the insulation on the wiring going into the side motor is all cracking off. The bare wires are pretty much touching.

The insulation is cracked beyond the hole they go through into the motor so I haven't been able to put new wires on. Is it hard to open this up and replace the wires?

Attachments

• wipermotor.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 167
pitch it and replace it...their a pain to deal with..I use one off a ramcharger for my wipers its the low profile one...makes everything cleaner

Some of them have a special resistance wire with asbestos insulation.
You would need to reuse the same wire replacing only the insulation.
I did it once back in the late 80s on or first 67 model. I got the insulation from a friend who was appliance repair man.
This may not apply to your question. I cant see the pic very well.

JRDART - How about posting up a pic of that!!! Was it plug & play? How many speeds? What type of washer system?
Thanks,
C

Thanks everyone. Not sure about the special wires but I was hoping I can open the motor housing and put new wires in. The 3 speed remans are way more expensive than the standard ones. Think $160+

Some of them have a special resistance wire with asbestos insulation.
You would need to reuse the same wire replacing only the insulation.
I did it once back in the late 80s on or first 67 model. I got the insulation from a friend who was appliance repair man.
This may not apply to your question. I cant see the pic very well.

Does this look like what you were talking about? Some of the copper wires with the insulation coming off look like different gauges.

I haven't opened this up yet, but is it possible to replace the wires or cut them and put some shrink tubing on them? Or do they get too hot and need something else?

Thanks

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 130
-
Back