Windshield Wiper Part

-

rwgreen1173

Reaction score
1973 Plymouth Duster 225
I am missing what I think is a clip?
That connects the windshield wiper motor under the dash to the wiper control arm linkage.
I think the part number is 23-67-80?
Wondering if this is what it is supposed to look like?
Any one have a picture of what it looks like on?
20161210_190004.jpg
clip.PNG

Nope, that is the plastic bushing cup style that you can get off the HELP section at Autozone.
They come in a multi pack of different types and I think it was 2-3 in a package.

When you put it on poke a pinhole in the back of it and a dab of grease on the pin and they slip right on.
The pinhole stops them from just popping right back off. :D

Put the bushing in from the back side of the arm first, then once that is seated in the arm pop it together with a pair of channel locks. (works great)
Some heat them in water to make them a little more cooperative, but I have never had to.
Sharp edges around the hole in the arm are a bigger issue than them being cold.

$_35.jpg

Last edited:
I also found the plastic bushings at RT Specialties. Trailbeast is right on the money as far as getting them installed.

Some assemblies did have a very different bushing along with that clip at that pitman arm attach point. Varies with year model and which wiper system. Might be why we find only 3 plastic cup bushings in a typical retail package.
Your pic suggests the same part will work there, so you would need 4 to replace all of them.

20161211_101544.jpg
20161211_101600.jpg
i have a wiper transmission from a 1971 dart which has the parts i thin you need it had a 2 speed wiper motor

Nope, that is the plastic bushing cup style that you can get off the HELP section at Autozone.
They come in a multi pack of different types and I think it was 2-3 in a package.

When you put it on poke a pinhole in the back of it and a dab of grease on the pin and they slip right on.
The pinhole stops them from just popping right back off. :D

Put the bushing in from the back side of the arm first, then once that is seated in the arm pop it together with a pair of channel locks. (works great)
Some heat them in water to make them a little more cooperative, but I have never had to.
Sharp edges around the hole in the arm are a bigger issue than them being cold.

View attachment 1714997294
They're on the NAPA spinner racks. There are different ones for different years.
Dan

They're on the NAPA spinner racks. There are different ones for different years.
Dan

Yep.
All that type plastic ones are all the same for all years and then there the other weird *** hard ones to find that take a special offset plastic and use the metal clip.

-
Back