Windshield wiper rebuild

-

38 Dodge

Reaction score
Has anyone ever rebuilt ther wipers on a early A body?
The reason I ask is that my wipers on my 62 Wagon havea the following issues.
1: Both springs are broken ( anyone know where to get replacement springs )
2: The driver side wiper when I accelerate up to about 45 MPH it will move up the windshield where the arm and head are riveted together is very loose? Anyone ever had this issue and what did you do to fix it?

the pivots can be rebuilt and its usually needed most on the drivers assembly. I would find out if they are the same as much later model pivots and if so just replace them.

from what I have seen they are different assy all together so I don't believe they will swap out.

from what I have seen they are different assy all together so I don't believe they will swap out.

I was afraid that would be the case. I suggest you find a parting out donor from somewhere like Arizona so the wipers would have seen less use use and wear. Good luck

If you have a local ace hardware store -- they have a collection of springs--- 1 of them is very close-- it is a pain to replace but it works. Lawrence

I went to pull-a-parts and picked up several sets off of new cars/trucks and pirated the part off of those to fix mine...

I bought a set of generic wiper arms from rockauto.com. They have an adapter included so they can be used on the old style shafts. I removed the ugly adjustable pivot that they come with, and replaced it with the same parts from the stock '64 arms.

The generic ones are dull stainless, not chrome, but they look okay.
Wiperarm.jpg

-
Back