Windshield Wiper removal..trick?

-

jorez

Reaction score
Is there a trick to remove the wipers?? I dont see any latch or anything..do i just grab and lift up??
1965 dart

typically they have a very small tab on the bottom side--- it is a spring to help keep the arm in place----

A large flat blade screwdriver or scraper works well also-- place card board/scrap wood on the cowl. Pry up gently at the base of the wiper arm & your done, Lawrence

There is a tool to remove them that presses against the pivot while lifting up on the wiper base. Makes it "lots" easier. Kind of like two small pickle forks on top of each other.

Crowbar (just kidding)
Like VDART and Spduster340 say.
Here is a picture of the little tab.

Attachments

• 2nd 012.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 306
Some of the older stuff has a small sliding tab that MUST be slid or you will never get it off regardless of tools or prying. Maybe we can find out the year make and model. You should always include year make and model it really really helps.

Like others have said, do yourself a favor and get a tool like this one for a few bucks. The paint on your cowl will thank you.

images

Yes the tool makes it a lot easier. You can remove them without the tool or any other tool for that matter but I would have show you not explain it. lol

Forked door panel removal tool works also. Protect the cowl from its heel marks.

-
Back