Windshield Wipers

-

grassy

Reaction score
I lost one today....it just stopped working. The driver's side is fine, thank goodness.

Thought the wiper nut was loose (happened on my MG) but it tightly connected and when I move it, I can sear a scraping noise from within.

I think that I may have lost a nut/bolt ?

Cannot seem to find anything in my service manual... from what I remember from under the dash, will I be able to get to the wiper arm and re install a bolt without having hands the size of a leprechaun ?

Thanks

If you remove the glove box the passenger side pivot and linkage should be accessible without having to crawl under the dash.

The linkage bushings are available in the "HELP" section of tsome of the parts stores and look like this.
wb22.png

Thanks...getting the glove box out is somewhat a B but it is much better than crawling under the dash.

I shall check UAP to see they have them. It looks fairly generic.

Thanks

Hold on a minute. If you can hear the separated linkage moving with the right pivot post, the linkage is still attached there. It separated ( plastic bushing failure ) all the way over at the left pivot attach point.
To explain, The motor drives the left pivot with one linkage. The left pivot drives the right pivot with another linkage. There are 4 plastic bushings involved. All have the same age and wear.
Taking the glove box liner out will likely happen but that's the easiest step of a proper repair.

Redfish,

So where should I look first ?

I have to pull my gauge console out to replace the incorrect gauge I was sold...plus a few of the guage lights have burned out..would I go up directly from there ?

Thanks

Remove the inst' panel to access left wiper pivot.

Perfect, thank you.

Our list of to-dos before the car goes back on the road next year is growing.

Remove the inst' panel to access left wiper pivot.
I have 1973 dart just replaced the wiper motor jump into car to find a bushing linkage siting on my floor mat. I am assuming this came out of the driver side linkage. Question do i access that piece from the instrument panel as well? I am unable to test it right now to hear if it is making noise because motor is out of car with no power. Ty

I have 1973 dart just replaced the wiper motor jump into car to find a bushing linkage siting on my floor mat. I am assuming this came out of the driver side linkage. Question do i access that piece from the instrument panel as well? I am unable to test it right now to hear if it is making noise because motor is out of car with no power. Ty

Yep, Many service manuals are free downloads, including 73. The 73 inst' panel isn't the most difficult to remove but step by step instructions for these type services will help.

-
Back