windshield wipers

-

cmills

Reaction score
Hey guys any ideas how to check if my wiper motor is bad? I took out the switch, cleaned it...still no wipers. How do I "jump" the motor to see if it works? Thanks

Check the ballas resistor on the wiper motor.. I've had that fail and after a new switch and motor off another Demon I have that I knew worked I found it was the problem.

There are atleast 4 different wiper systems for a-bodies. Which one you have may help.
Their dianositic proceedures in factory service manuals cover several pages.
Good luck

Thank you both. 1) how do I check the resistor...by checking continuity between the 2 contacts? 2) redfish...if I can tell by the switch, it feels like a single-speed wiper...by that I mean one click on the switch.

Thank you both. 1) how do I check the resistor...by checking continuity between the 2 contacts? 2) redfish...if I can tell by the switch, it feels like a single-speed wiper...by that I mean one click on the switch.

ok from off to on is one click and low speed, from there you should have reostat controlled varible to high speed. It's not so much a second click but a rotation beyond that click. Make sense ?
Any would be atleast 2 click 2 speed if not variable

Make sure the wiper switch is grounded .. I have a wood dash and had to run a ground line for the wipers to work

You check the resistor with an ohmmeter because you're looking for resistance. If it's open the resistor is bad. The resistor is used to drop voltage for the lower of the 2 speeds of the wiper motor.

-
Back