Windshields

-
I just did mine but haven't driven in the rain yet. I used butul in body channel only with nothing in glass channel. I expect it to leak some but not my daily driver

View attachment 1715818820
Mine leaked in the glass channel. I use a little RTV while pulling the seal away from the glass. Sealed perfect. The longer you let it sit the more the seal will conform to the body and glass. Especially in the sun.

Mine leaked in the glass channel. I use a little RTV while pulling the seal away from the glass. Sealed perfect. The longer you let it sit the more the seal will conform to the body and glass. Especially in the sun.
I had that problem when I put a new windshield seal in my '65 Ford truck (same type of mounting and sealing). So I stuck the nozzle of the butyl cartridge between the seal and glass, and squirted more in for several inches either side of the leak. Sealed it right up.
My favorite butyl sealant is 3M "Bedding and Glazing Compound" #08509. Easy to clean up with solvents including grease & wax remover, too.

-
Back