Wing window adjustment

-

boosted

Life Needs Air
Reaction score
On my 67 Fastback barracuda. Passenger door frame fits the roof trim perfectly with an even gap. Driver side is hitting at the bend at the top to the trim pc. I found a nut with a slotted screw in the frame of the door at the front. Question is does this adjust that frame top in and out or what does? I need to get the new seal on so I can move forward but that will not work as it is now... I have the pin in the bottom to hold the frame and the bolt in in the door frame.. Just need to adjust the top back some...

Yes I believe that will "lean" it fwd it back. Not sure about the "order" of adjustment, so you may need to loosen and retighten at a few points.

Don't forget the allen screw. Located behind the little hole in the upper door frame. There's usually a color matched plastic plug there. The Allen screw is a pinch point to hold the upper back of the frame.

superbirdbentdoorpt3 087.jpg

superbirdbentdoorpt3 088.jpg

superbirdbentdoor 058.jpg

Let me get some pictures of what mine is doing... I may not be explaining it correctly.
Sure you are, the top of the frame is hitting the trim. You need to loosen the allen key socket head I showed, the nut in the lower hole AND the bolt in the upper hole and move the frame to fit with an even gap and tighten everything back up. That is ASSUMING that your door alignment is good to quarter and fender and it's not the door that needs to be lowered!
superbirdbentdoor 059.jpg

superbirdbentdoor 060.jpg

Don't forget the allen screw. Located behind the little hole in the upper door frame. There's usually a color matched plastic plug there. The Allen screw is a pinch point to hold the upper back of the frame.
67 model didn't have "allen" hex key screw behind a plastic plug in the upper door section. There is a long chromed phillips head screw there (sort of ratrod looking IMO). What you detailed is 68 and later.

Last edited:
Second photo is me pulling down on the frame over the pin in the bottom and First photo is how it is untouched. Door closes well without issue so I am thinking the door alignment is good.

20221121_113228.jpg

20221121_113248.jpg

-
Back