Wing Window Broken

-

HTMLmopars

Reaction score
On my 68 Valiant the top part of the wing window pivot is broken. The tab broke off from the window frame, I'm pretty sure before I bought it. I recently realized that I can pull the top part off of the window, and tried to get it to rotate so I can at least have a chance at using the window, but I haven't gotten it to move. What should I do, try and tack weld the tab back in place, or is there a part I can buy to get it all back together and replace the hinge that refuses to move?

Can you post a picture. I am having trouble picturing what you are talking about.

On my 68 Valiant the top part of the wing window pivot is broken. The tab broke off from the window frame, I'm pretty sure before I bought it. I recently realized that I can pull the top part off of the window, and tried to get it to rotate so I can at least have a chance at using the window, but I haven't gotten it to move. What should I do, try and tack weld the tab back in place, or is there a part I can buy to get it all back together and replace the hinge that refuses to move?
Sorry to hijack your thread but did you happen to repair the tab/ hinge pin? Just noticed on my son's 70 swinger that the hinge pin broke off at the tab. I think it's a similar situation as you described. Just wondering if it's repairable or does the whole vent window assembly need to be swapped out?
15955514956701619711118.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread but did you happen to repair the tab/ hinge pin? Just noticed on my son's 70 swinger that the hinge pin broke off at the tab. I think it's a similar situation as you described. Just wondering if it's repairable or does the whole vent window assembly need to be swapped out?View attachment 1715566434
I had forgotten about this thread, I was just living with it being bad. I hadn't gotten anything productive.
But that's exactly what happened on my car. Can't figure out how the sub-assembly goes together/comes apart though. But in all honesty, I haven't really gone deep into it.

-
Back