Wings and scoops..pic

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
This is about a year away. But I was thinking about putting a Demon scoop on my 71 Dart. To me the twin scoops have always looked to close together on a Dart or Demon.My buddy said I should add a wing also.But I am not sure I like go wings on a Dart.So if you have a Dart or even a Scamp with a wing or scoops, let me see a few pics. Thank You

This is about a year away. But I was thinking about putting a Demon scoop on my 71 Dart. To me the twin scoops have always looked to close together on a Dart or Demon.My buddy said I should add a wing also.But I am not sure I like go wings on a Dart.So if you have a Dart or even a Scamp with a wing or scoops, let me see a few pics. Thank You
Oh my 71....

00W0W_lTZH8oqrBF0_600x450.jpg

00000_eLTtStZDyEk_600x450.jpg

Ok so it's a "Demon", but here's some scoops...
IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

I like the scoops on a Dart/Demon. @GMachineDartGT has scoops and a wing on his car, here's pictures of his '71 from the wheels/tire thread...
20170827_160059-jpg.jpg

20170827_160148-jpg.jpg

Here's an option that will drive the purists nuts.
It's a fiberglass 1970 Mach 1 scoop I moulded to the hood.
Notice anything familiar looking on the Challenger?:D

hoodscoop.jpg

headon.jpg

Dodge-Challenger-Hellcat-prototype-hood-scoop-1.jpg

Hood scoops were the one of the first things I did to my dart. I replaced the coil wire to get it running. Replaced the wheel cylinders and master to make it stop. And drove it around locally with 18 year old fuel, oil, and plugs. Then added the scoops. I love Dart's with the dual scoops. But I'm not too keen on go-wings on them. If I had a duster or demon, it would certainly have a wing.

IMAG0111.jpg

Here is my car with its original "patina" but I removed the bumper guards and added scoops, chin spoiler and rally wheels
IMAG0213.jpg

Best thread ever, I'm a huge Dart fan. Wings and scoop pictures are almost as good as a freshly pulled draft beer.

This is my '72 Demon. I just got it back from the body shop last week. New paint, stripes, wing and snorkel. It didn't come with the sport trunk, but all have the same bracing so all my body guy had to do was cut a couple of small access holes. The dual snorkel was very hard to find. I ordered the donut gaskets for the hood from Detroit Muscle Technologies.

I liked the Go Wing over the Gull because in my opinion the Gull looks like it's about to fall off the car. The factory didn't offer wings for the '72, but they were a dealer option, so I went for it :D
6438.jpeg

20170901_123823.jpg

6438.jpeg

Ok I am going to have to say no on the wing. Looks like a Demon snorkel. Or maybe twin scoops. I think the twin scoops look better body color. The only way I like them black is if the center of the hood is blacked out.

Ok I am going to have to say no on the wing. Looks like a Demon snorkel. Or maybe twin scoops. I think the twin scoops look better body color. The only way I like them black is if the center of the hood is blacked out.

I kind of agree with you about the wing on a Dart, although my Demon technically is a Dart haha. I agree about the scoops color too. There was no way I was putting that dual snorkel on without the blackout treatment and hood stripes. Those are the kind of details that change the look of the car.

I kind of agree with you about the wing on a Dart, although my Demon technically is a Dart haha. I agree about the scoops color too. There was no way I was putting that dual snorkel on without the blackout treatment and hood stripes. Those are the kind of details that change the look of the car.
Wing doesn't look bad on the Demon and Duster. But the square body Dart and Scamp it just doesn't look good to me. Love your Demon by the way

-
Back