Winter projects...

-

SpeedracerX

Still on this side of the dirt member
Reaction score
Well... It would appear to be that time of year again. Going to the garage where my Dart is kept this evening and dropping some fuel stabilizer in the tank, disconnecting the battery and calling it a season.. Wasnt much of a summer weather wise, but got the Dart out every chance i could. Now normally we bring the Dart down (a half a block) to my buddy's garage for winter project time.. He has his project (63 Fury) and he and my other friends gather every weekend and all pitch in.. that sort of thing...

This winter however, the budget is non existant... nothing.. so.. No winter project for the Dart.. She will be pretty much untouched til spring, So I will be pitching in to help others... So, I was just curious to hear what everyone else has planned for their winter projects?? Thought it might be an interesting topic...

well i would love to have waggin get my roof on if i get enough $$ and maybe my motor cleaned up and dropped in and possibly paint wouldnt that be nice

Would you believe I had the a/c on today,..it says it is 55 degrees but it fels warmer !

It has actually been pretty warm here the past couple days.. But I know those days are numbered..

this year, my winter project will be finishing up the 4 wheel drive and installing power steering in my 59 Suburban. Hopefully after that, I can get my Barracuda in and work on dash lighting... Also working on my boys' 66 Anglia Panel wagon. After that is prepping my wife's 68 Mustang for paint and then the big project, my 41 Ford COE crew cab project.... After all that, tub the rear on the barracuda and stroke the 360 that is in it... we'll see! Ok, maybe that's more of a 5 year plan... but, we'll definitely get the Suburban done and continue on the Anglia.

Here,s my list for the winter project..

Mini-tub
New leaf springs
Spring relocation kit
Pull engine and tranny
Some aluminum heads
Get my tranny worked over for racing
New stall convertor(3500-4000)
Driveshaft loop
Pull benchseat out and install 71 Demon buckets
Remove dashpad and replace with new black one
New oldschool Torque thrust rims and tires(front and back)
make my frame connectors from sketch of U.S cartool(thanks 340 Dart)
new headers,hopefully TTI makes 1 7/8 early-A,s by then?

That,s about it for now,man that,s alot.Will be selling lots of parts to help finance the many needed pieces!

car pics 66 Dart 025.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 027.jpg

-
Back